Dear Nebraska Fans (From a Longhorn)

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that you guys are some of the classiest and most respectable fans out there.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the trip, but after having talked to several of my friends who did, I was motivated to make a post. They said that people were coming up to them, making sure they were having a good time, telling them it was a great game, looking forward to the next matchup, etc.

I'm not trying to bring up who shoulda won or any of that -- it was a great game.

I just want to say that everyone I talk to raives about how classy you guys are. tOSU fans were the complete opposite. They spit on us, beat up some older alumni (like 60-70 old) called people's wives sluts and whores...it was terrble.

So, thank you all. You guys are definately back, and its good to see. Yall are the big player in the Big 12 North now, and getting stronger every year.

Anyway, have a good weekend.

It's good to see people recognize that. I think with legendary programs like Texas and Nebraska, the fans start to realize that it is all just a game and that what is important IS the game itself. We can yell at the field, yell at the officials, yell at the players while they're playing...because it's all apart of the game. But when the game is over, it's over.

800+ wins, several national championships and an overall well respected program will teach that to you.

The players may get to say "I play for Nebraska,"

but I get to say, "I'm a fan of the Huskers!"

I would say the same thing about the Texas fans. I went to the bars downtown Friday night and they were swarming with Texas fans. I talked with some of them for like 2 hours and both of us just kept the beers coming and chanted Texas and Big Red cheers back and forth. Great game and will meet again in Dec.

Thanks Longhorn2000. It's great to see fans of other teams on here talking some Husker football. Good luck on the rest of the season and I hope we see you guys in KC!

Not much to add other than I enjoyed the few moments where your fans were worried...overall hope to see you guys again on the snow covered field of K.C.