Playcalling...sucks

bluiz18

The play calling wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Okie State started stopping the run better, so we turned to passing. Unfortunately we kinda went too far into mostly passing. But it wasn't bad enough to lose us the game by itself.

Our defense isn't that bad, they just played pretty bad today. I'll keep saying it as long as I have to...we're not a very good road team. And the reason for that is we're just not to the level yet where we can play consistently at the level needed to beat good teams. Despite what anyone would like to believe, Okie State is a good team who can play with anyone if they put it together like they did today.

We need another couple years of recruiting to get the players in the positions they need to be in. We're still working with pieces of Solich's recruiting failures. Just like Okie State, when we play up to our potential, we can play with nearly anyone (as we showed with Texas). On the road it's been very hard for us to do that, and we just lost it totally today.

It wasn't just the play calling, which wasn't as terrible as everyone is whining about anyway.

The play calling was horrible and then deciding not to use b-jax the whole second half.......come on if we lose 2 more games which could easily happen i say cosgrove needs to find a new job, because the blackshirts are not the blackshirts no more.

Do we still have blackshirts? Do they decide to play when they want? Looked great in the 1st and 3rd, gave up or didn't show in the 2nd and 4th? Offense wasn't the issue, the defense was. OSU was able to what they wanted, they ran over the line, linebackers out of position and we all know how our d-backs are.

It's a loss, hurts, but we have Mizzou next week and that is the focus now. Nebraska still controls their destiny.

:restore

I am really upset with this loss, but we were really just beat on both sides of the ball. I will agree that I think if Callahan has a gameplan that he is going to stick to, he will not change it no matter what happens. Also I wasn't happy that they didn't really seem to be trying to make a comeback at the end. (I know it was nearly impossible, but at least in the Joe Dailey days people were running up to the line and getting the ball of fast even if we were down by 21+.)

Look past the play calling. We have no idea what some of them were becuase the oline couldnt block long enough for us to find out. There were plenty of others where the reciver(hardy) dropped the ball, or more often today, Taylor threw off target. I dont know if it was an issue in his head, or if it is a case that some of the throws were simply beyond his ability to make.

This is rediculous. The players play the game, not the coaches. I don't blame anyone for the loss, it was just a bad game. The players may still be down after playing their hearts out last weekend and losing it in the final minutes.

I didn't get to watch the game or listen to it. I tried gamecast on ESPN but it is too slow. So I refreshed on here for 3 hours and was getting pretty disgusted by the whining.

It's just a football game, not the end of the world. There are a lot of college teams out there that wish they could be where our team is and has been. Think about it.

So we should just accept the loss??? Yes, there are a lot of mediocre teams that would like to be 6-3, but WE ARE NEBRASKA. Isn't that this years slogan? I will not settle for mediocricy.

Offense wasn't the problem?!?!

They gave up in the second half. There was no fire. It started when Taylor was losing his cool and got frustrated.

Somebody needs to light a serious fire under our O-line's rear ends, cause they seem to be the reason things like this happen...

The defense was sound, but I would call their game a "bad game", they seemed to keep digging and trying.

I don't agree. Play calling has nothing to do with OSU just being faster. Getting to the QB at will. Every reciever covered. Pushing our D-line anywhere they want. NU just don't match up to teams with good speed. Too many white guys on the Huskers.

We were lucky that texas was so much slower than us, then.

This is rediculous. The players play the game, not the coaches. I don't blame anyone for the loss, it was just a bad game. The players may still be down after playing their hearts out last weekend and losing it in the final minutes.

I didn't get to watch the game or listen to it. I tried gamecast on ESPN but it is too slow. So I refreshed on here for 3 hours and was getting pretty disgusted by the whining.

It's just a football game, not the end of the world. There are a lot of college teams out there that wish they could be where our team is and has been. Think about it.

So we should just accept the loss??? Yes, there are a lot of mediocre teams that would like to be 6-3, but WE ARE NEBRASKA. Isn't that this years slogan? I will not settle for mediocricy.

We are Nebraska, but we are still a rebuilding Nebraska. It just keeps showing the damage done by the lack of recruiting through the Solich years wil take more time to fix.

I don't agree. Play calling has nothing to do with OSU just being faster. Getting to the QB at will. Every reciever covered. Pushing our D-line anywhere they want. NU just don't match up to teams with good speed. Too many white guys on the Huskers.

Yeah make sure we cut all the white guys, starting with Carriker and Taylor... :hmmm

The play calling wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Okie State started stopping the run better, so we turned to passing. Unfortunately we kinda went too far into mostly passing. But it wasn't bad enough to lose us the game by itself.

Our defense isn't that bad, they just played pretty bad today. I'll keep saying it as long as I have to...we're not a very good road team. And the reason for that is we're just not to the level yet where we can play consistently at the level needed to beat good teams. Despite what anyone would like to believe, Okie State is a good team who can play with anyone if they put it together like they did today.

We need another couple years of recruiting to get the players in the positions they need to be in. We're still working with pieces of Solich's recruiting failures. Just like Okie State, when we play up to our potential, we can play with nearly anyone (as we showed with Texas). On the road it's been very hard for us to do that, and we just lost it totally today.

It wasn't just the play calling, which wasn't as terrible as everyone is whining about anyway.

Solich's failures??????? Have you seen who starts on D. 8 of the starters are soliches recruits. If BC's recruiting is so great, why haven't those players overtaken the starting position?

Did you watch the game??? The weather negated any speed advantage. The turf was slick and players were being cautious not to slip. I think the weather was a big factor why we were in that game. That's the advantage you get playing in the northern part of the US. You are used to those conditions and when you bring in warm weather teams (USC, Texas, schools from Florida) they have a tougher time adapting.

Solich's failures??????? Have you seen who starts on D. 8 of the starters are soliches recruits. If BC's recruiting is so great, why haven't those players overtaken the starting position?

Did you watch the game??? The weather negated any speed advantage. The turf was slick and players were being cautious not to slip. I think the weather was a big factor why we were in that game. That's the advantage you get playing in the northern part of the US. You are used to those conditions and when you bring in warm weather teams (USC, Texas, schools from Florida) they have a tougher time adapting.

So only texas players were being careful not to slip? Nebraska players have special no-slip shoes? YOu know what, that kind of talk sounds like the talk of a Non-True-Fan! If you think that we couldn't have played against texas in other conditions, then you're saying that we're not good and you've already given up on them. You're an up-giving non-fan!

So only texas players were being careful not to slip? Nebraska players have special no-slip shoes? YOu know what, that kind of talk sounds like the talk of a Non-True-Fan! If you think that we couldn't have played against texas in other conditions, then you're saying that we're not good and you've already given up on them. You're an up-giving non-fan!

So here we go again with the "if you critize the team your not a true fan", even though I have been for 25 years. Both teams were being careful not too slip. The game was a slow game w/ ideal weather conditions for a win. And I do think Texas is a better team than NU at the present moment. I thought that before the game and still do. That's why i think the weather was a critical factor. I wish we had special no-slip shoes, then we would have won. Do I think we are a great team, no. Do I think we have a chance winning the north, yes. But I guess I set my goals higher than Big XII North champs. Looking at some of the performances from this year is the reasoning that I don't feel we are a great team.

1. We were pretty well handled by USC, we kept the score close, but they were the better team that day.

2. KU put up 600 yards on us. The same team that just got its first Big XII win and only has 3 other wins against inferior opponents.

3. Against ISU and KSU I don't think we put up as many points as we could have. They were great wins on the road, and we clearly dominated, but we seem to have some problems sticking the ball in the endzone and putting a team away. One or two big plays made by the opponents and they are right back in the game. Freeman had almost 300 yards passing and Meyer had over 250.

4. We blew one vs Texas. Just like TT last year, we had the win and lost it. That was a statement game.

5. Then we follow up our texas loss with this one at OSU. Looked dominate the first quarter, but that was it. Gave up a td right before half that put ol' mo back on OSU's side.