9-3 or 6-6

We could go either way right now! I know we are strong at home and next week should be a good game but do we have what it takes. I know that anything but blind allegiance will get me a bunch of how dare you........I hate bandwagon fans.......ect...... I'm born and rasied in Lincoln and have all the respect in the world for our beloved program but our Callahan experiment needs to come to an end. We need coaches that give our team a chance to win instead of saying shoulda woulda coulda after a bad called game or after a misuse of time outs or a wooping by an inferior team.

P.S I was all for Callahan before this season, I even have a signed picture on my wall but it's time for a change.

Sorry about my spelling, I'll try to misspell more words next time to fit in.

We could go either way right now! I know we are strong at home and next week Should be a good game but do we have what it takes. I know that anything but blind allegiance will get me a bunch of how dare you........I hate bandwagon fans.......ect...... I'm born and rasied in Lincoln and have all the respect in the world for our beloved program but our Callahan experiment needs to come to an end. We need coaches that give our team a chance to win instead of saying shoulda woulda coulda after a bad called game or after a misuse of time outs or a wooping by an inferior team.

P.S I was all for Callahan before this season, I even have a signed picture on my wall but it's time for a change.

Yeah that's a great idea! Let's fire the HC, start all over and begin rebuilding all again! :hmmm :sarcasm The kids will come a running to Nebraska then! 4th HC in 10 years ought to really pack em in!

We could go either way right now! I know we are strong at home and next week Should be a good game but do we have what it takes. I know that anything but blind allegiance will get me a bunch of how dare you........I hate bandwagon fans.......ect...... I'm born and rasied in Lincoln and have all the respect in the world for our beloved program but our Callahan experiment needs to come to an end. We need coaches that give our team a chance to win instead of saying shoulda woulda coulda after a bad called game or after a misuse of time outs or a wooping by an inferior team.

I agree with what you say and I too am a long time fan. I have lived in Nebraska all my life and I love the Huskers in all sports. I buy the merchandise and attend games, so I do have a right to voice my frustrations when I am not happy.

I really did think this would be the breakout year for Callahan and Co., but now I'm having second thoughts. Having said that, I did agree that it was time for Solich to go, so don't get started on that. But we need someone in here who respects our past and wants to do what it takes to win. Callahan has shown that he will not adapt to what the players do best, and look where it's taking us, down Mediocre Lane.

Blackshirt guru - I hear what you are saying because change and turnover is never good for a program. But, if a coach does not get it and cannot take a program to the level it needs to be at, what is worse - keep the coach and suffer through 8-4 seasons forever, or hire another coach who can take the talent in the program (there is definite talent here) and coach it, motivate it, make it better? When BC came, there was very little talent here. That is not the case now - I just firmly believe that BC and KC cannot "coach up" a team in college that gets to the Top 10 and BCS level bowls. I don't know the reasons (too technical on offense, not the right personality, etc.) but I am seriously questioning if he can get it done.

Well, at the beginning of the season I said that we'd be 9 - 3. A loss to USC, a loss to Texas, and that we'd pee one down our legs on the road for a loss. I also said that BJax would be the starter by the end of the season.

I think (or am at least hoping) that I may be right on both accounts.

If we fall apart (a la last year) and end up 6-6, or even 7 - 5, we absolutely have to wonder "are we heading in the right direction?" I think Callahan still has 2 years on his contract. You HAVE to wait until his contract is up before you can answer the question. If we are consistently 7-5 or 8-4 under him. The Pederson has to ask "Is this good enough?" I'm guessing it will be a very loud NO!

oh good lord. the season isn't even over yet and everyone is ready to give up.

Just last week we were all posting quotes from coaches and analysts around the country saying "Nebraska is back!" Our players get distracted from it all and it results in an away game loss. We just overlooked OSU and had our sights set on beating Missouri to win the North...and in turn got caught with our pants down. The fact of the matter is it came down to the players Saturday, not the coaches, and they just got beat. Passes were overthrown, tackles were missed, players were beaten to the ball.

If we end up going 9-3 and make the Big XII game, all of you will be back here talking about how great of a team we are and how Callahan has really turned this program around.

Jeez, let's just finish the season guys before we start talking about firings and hirings again.

We lost this weekend, get over it. Let's look towards the MU game instead of bitching about who's fault it was.

The problem with canning the assistants is that Pederson doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have a say in that. You have to let thet head coach run his program. The best Stevie P can do is tell BC that it is either them or him.

So, the question has to be, "how bad does the defense have to be before BC fires his long time friend KG?" My guess is really damn bad.

While I appreciate the optimisim a lot of Husker fans maintain right now, I have to say that I am having difficulty being optimistic. If I recall correctly, most Husker fans felt like the defense was going to be the shining star of the team before the season started. I wonder how many still feel that way. The D has provided the fans with a rollercoaster ride this year, and personally, I have gotten to a point in my life where I don't like rollercoasters anymore. Whose fault is it, I am not sure. It is not my job to be sure it is Cosgrove's and I am not sold on him. I do recall that a lot of Wisc. fans were happy to get rid of him. I am not ready to run him out of Lincoln yet but he better figure something out.

At this point I would almost prefer not to play down in KC. Not sure my heart can take it. All I know now is that I am frustrated but will continue to support the Huskers any way I can.

We could go either way right now! I know we are strong at home and next week should be a good game but do we have what it takes. I know that anything but blind allegiance will get me a bunch of how dare you........I hate bandwagon fans.......ect...... I'm born and rasied in Lincoln and have all the respect in the world for our beloved program but our Callahan experiment needs to come to an end. We need coaches that give our team a chance to win instead of saying shoulda woulda coulda after a bad called game or after a misuse of time outs or a wooping by an inferior team.

Yeah that's a great idea! Let's fire the HC, start all over and begin rebuilding all again! :hmmm :sarcasm The kids will come a running to Nebraska then! 4th HC in 10 years ought to really pack em in!

You were right noenwolf, it didn't take too long for someone to jump your case.

but you know what? if we f'd up and DID hire the wrong guy, why prolong the goddamn agony??

just once i would like to hear him say at a post game loss, "i didn't prepare our kids, this loss is on me"..do you think we will ever hear that quote? i seriously doubt it.......ever

hunter

oh good lord. the season isn't even over yet and everyone is ready to give up.

Just last week we were all posting quotes from coaches and analysts around the country saying "Nebraska is back!" Our players get distracted from it all and it results in an away game loss. We just overlooked OSU and had our sights set on beating Missouri to win the North...and in turn got caught with our pants down. The fact of the matter is it came down to the players Saturday, not the coaches, and they just got beat. Passes were overthrown, tackles were missed, players were beaten to the ball.

If we end up going 9-3 and make the Big XII game, all of you will be back here talking about how great of a team we are and how Callahan has really turned this program around.

Jeez, let's just finish the season guys before we start talking about firings and hirings again.

We lost this weekend, get over it. Let's look towards the MU game instead of bitching about who's fault it was.

that is bullsh#t! we know we are not good enough to look past anyone! this team laid a goddamn egg and the coaches , IMHO, did not prepare them.....look at all the standing around and lack of intensity.....as i said there is no team leaders (players) and the coaches are not getting it done......period