Justin Tomerlin Gone

that highly rated 2005 class is falling apart on us.

:yeah Pretty soon we will just be left w/ Solich's recruits.

:nanalama

Yeah, absolutely NO ONE from the 05 class has done ANYTHING. Taylor, Lucky, Glenn, Slauson, Hardy, Dagundaro, Potter, Cryer, Turner, Octavien, Bowman, Dillard, Hickman, Congdon, Suh and Bryan Wilson and 4 or 5 more that will vie for serious minutes next year. Go back about 4-5 recruiting classes ago and see how many of those guys saw the campus let alone made an impact.

Here's your :nanalama

This is how it always works out in recruiting. This is no different than any other class. You are doing real good if you can get productivity out of half of the players. This is another reason why you need to recruit well every year.

Eric, Dave, AR, can you give us a rundown on average how many recruits for whatever reason don't pan out? I believe there is a fairly high rate of failure.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I don't believe anyone keeps that kind of statistic. It would be hard to quantify - do you count those that were injured? Those that were felled by academic rather than athletic reasons? Those that were forced to quit due to family issues (death of a parent, etc.). Do you look at how many quarters they played over their career, or minutes, or games?

I know the NCAA maintains a list of those who graduate, and that might give some indication, but it won't show who was a 5 start and never played.

Just as anecdotal information, it does seem that for every class there are around 5 to 10 that never pan out. At least 2 or 3 don't meet academic requirements; 1 or 2 quit to go home, 2 or 3 quit because they never see the field, etc.

I'm basing that on just following recruiting. No hard or fast figures. But I know in the SEC (since I live in SEC country I'm inundated by information about those teams) that seems to be the trend - at least 5 to 10 per class per year.

That makes sense. How many senior classes do you recall for most teams that had 20+ players in it (and I mean guys who played 4 in 4 - not redshirts that "fall back" a class). Most of the time, out of signing class of 18 to 25, the senior class is 15 to 18 or so.

Yeah, absolutely NO ONE from the 05 class has done ANYTHING. Taylor, Lucky, Glenn, Slauson, Hardy, Dagundaro, Potter, Cryer, Turner, Octavien, Bowman, Dillard, Hickman, Congdon, Suh and Bryan Wilson and 4 or 5 more that will vie for serious minutes next year. Go back about 4-5 recruiting classes ago and see how many of those guys saw the campus let alone made an impact.

just seeing their names on the depth chart does not mean that they have accomplished anything.

most are backups to inferior solich recruits, and the ones that do start are average division one players.

just seeing their names on the depth chart does not mean that they have accomplished anything.

most are backups to inferior solich recruits, and the ones that do start are average division one players.

I guess you want one too. :nanalama

I need a facetious smiley or have to make do with the sarcasm smiley. I fail at comedy also.

The Zonie rumor mill had it that Keller was given a vote of no confidence at his previous school because he partied and wasn't friends with all the team.

Not real sure where the truth lies but if he lives up to his billing=Good times for our team with his arm.

GBR

That sucks that he got kicked off the team. A lot of Nebraska fans are saying that Nebraska didn't need him. That's bullcrap! You can never have enough talent on a team that stinks right now. I didn't think he was going to come in here and start. I thought you give a kid a couple of years to learn bc system not just throw him to the dogs. Also another facter why he violated team rules was he was probable mad that he was injured. I remember that he was playing hurt. That says something to me. Give this player credit, so what that it didn't work here. I hope he plays and contributes to a different team. Thanks for your services.

that's a bit of a stretch don't you think?

you can't blame a kid for trying, but you can blame a kid for not doing what he's told, when the rules are specificly pointed out to him.

I'm sure this all goes back to the DUI incident this summer. Keller does party a lot but that doesn't mean that he doesn't work hard either..as long as they're responsible and safe...who cares that they're being normal college kids. i could care less if keller is a party animal as long as he stays out of trouble and stays safe. Drinking and driving doesn't follow either of those things...Sorry Tomerlin and good luck to you sir