Offending POsts'

NUpolo8

While he did use the Kiss my ass reference. It does seem to me that the more negative posters get banned or warned more for thier personal attacks than others.

It seems to me people get to (got to) slam Former, aweshucks and Bernard with impunity for a long long time.

In formers and aweshucks case, he really egged people on then acted innocent. He got what was coming to him most of the time if you ask me.

Not that I was a big fan of Former, bernard, or Aweshucks, but just because you egg someone (or multiple people on), or even disagree w/ the majority, you deserve to be lambasted, criticized, and even personally attacked. Every once in a while they made some valid points, but even then were attacked because of their beliefs. IMHO.

I think when you egg people on and put them down for their response to your bs, whatever comes to you, you probably deserved. Formerfan/Aweshucks/Dagnabit, whatever he is now lurking in the weeds, turned it into an art form. Say something just to get a negative response, when someone questions what he said, insult them or their intelligence or heterosexuality, then when you start a flame war and the mods come in to mediate, he would point the finger, like "what, I didn't do anything, I was playing by the rules!" Then subsequently apologize like a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but wasn't really all that sorry. Same ole crap all the time. There is a way to express your beliefs and opinions without starting flame wars and calling someone an idiot.

My only concern was that there was a post recently that was critical of the coaching staff and ended with a "kiss my ass". That of course, was stupid. However, if you look at all the posts regarding to the "bandwagoners" there are plenty worse threats on those that seem to skate, not to mention the entire threads in the woodshed solely based on three certain people.

Anyhow, just looking for some clarification, I am willing to let it drop now. Thanks

My only concern was that there was a post recently that was critical of the coaching staff and ended with a "kiss my ass". That of course, was stupid. However, if you look at all the posts regarding to the "bandwagoners" there are plenty worse threats on those that seem to skate, not to mention the entire threads in the woodshed solely based on three certain people.

Anyhow, just looking for some clarification, I am willing to let it drop now. Thanks

If you'll re-read the post you cited, there was actually more in there than the "kiss my ass" comment. And the "kiss my ass" part was not what got it moved.

And to allay any concerns about negative posts being the basis for movement to the Offending Posts thread, just do this - take a look at all the posts in the Huskers Football forum that have been critical of the coaching staff since the OSU loss. Count them up. Now, look at the posts in the Offending Posts thread that have been placed there since the OSU loss. Count them up. You'll see that all the posts in the Offending Posts thread that have been placed there since the OSU loss are:

1. A fraction of a percent of the total posts that have been negative;

2. Have all violated the Board's rules; and,

3. Includes posts from "negative" posters and "positive" posters.

Again, we don't care whether you love the staff or hate the staff - and we not only don't care whether you post negative comments about them, we actually encourage members to post their thoughts and opinions either way. We do ask that they respect the Board's rules in doing so. In short, it isn't what you say, it's how you say it.

If you'll re-read the post you cited, there was actually more in there than the "kiss my ass" comment. And the "kiss my ass" part was not what got it moved.

And to allay any concerns about negative posts being the basis for movement to the Offending Posts thread, just do this - take a look at all the posts in the Huskers Football forum that have been critical of the coaching staff since the OSU loss. Count them up. Now, look at the posts in the Offending Posts thread that have been placed there since the OSU loss. Count them up. You'll see that all the posts in the Offending Posts thread that have been placed there since the OSU loss are:

1. A fraction of a percent of the total posts that have been negative;

2. Have all violated the Board's rules; and,

3. Includes posts from "negative" posters and "positive" posters.

Again, we don't care whether you love the staff or hate the staff - and we not only don't care whether you post negative comments about them, we actually encourage members to post their thoughts and opinions either way. We do ask that they respect the Board's rules in doing so. In short, it isn't what you say, it's how you say it.

Beleive me, we try so hard to read everything and make good, honest, well thought out decisions. Please trust us.

In formers and aweshucks case, he really egged people on then acted innocent. He got what was coming to him most of the time if you ask me.

Not that I was a big fan of Former, bernard, or Aweshucks, but just because you egg someone (or multiple people on), or even disagree w/ the majority, you deserve to be lambasted, criticized, and even personally attacked. Every once in a while they made some valid points, but even then were attacked because of their beliefs. IMHO.

Yea they made good points occasionally, but they were usually centered in an a-hole coating. When you sit at your keyboard and type your opinions in such a way as to get a rise out of people and that's really the heart of the matter, that's trolling and against the rules. Anyone remember the Missouri thread that Former started after the 05 game? "Missouri, now THATS an exciting offense" was the title I believe. Link here. I'll leave that one up to you as to wether or not he was just "stating his opinion".