Ebay Tickets

Might be able to get a good deal....i would imagine as bad as CU is they wouldnt have a very big turn out for the game...Buying from a scalper might be a better route but im not positive

This might be a dumb question....is scalping illegal down there? I have heard both ways, and just want to make sure.

Im pretty sure scalping regulations are based on individual municipality laws. And I actually dont think Lincoln has any against reselling tickets around the stadium, but I know Omaha does b/c a bunch of lawyers got busted in a big scalping ring at the CWS last summer. :lol: greedy f'rs.

Might be able to get a good deal....i would imagine as bad as CU is they wouldnt have a very big turn out for the game...Buying from a scalper might be a better route but im not positive

This might be a dumb question....is scalping illegal down there? I have heard both ways, and just want to make sure.

Im pretty sure scalping regulations are based on individual municipality laws. And I actually dont think Lincoln has any against reselling tickets around the stadium, but I know Omaha does b/c a bunch of lawyers got busted in a big scalping ring at the CWS last summer. :lol: greedy f'rs.

Tut, tut, tut. Greed had nothing to do with it. Attorneys, being the most altruistic of people, are always there to help. These, I'm sure, were simply trying to assist those poor, unfortunate individuals who desperately wanted to catch the beloved Huskers.

All hail ATTORNEYS!

That's what you meant, right?

Is the tickethippo a legit site??? I just don't want to get screwed over...so sorry if I am being stupid about this.

Yeah, tickethippo is the boards ticket site. We dont manage the tickets, but get a commission from sales. The orders are farmed out to various ticket brokers around the country, based on inventory and location of the buyer. All of the brokers in the "ticket network" are certified, so no worries about getting bent. You'll notice many of the big sites like stubhub even have the exact same inventory as a site like tickethippo - thats b/c they are all linked into the same network.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Tut, tut, tut. Greed had nothing to do with it. Attorneys, being the most altruistic of people, are always there to help. These, I'm sure, were simply trying to assist those poor, unfortunate individuals who desperately wanted to catch the beloved Huskers.

All hail ATTORNEYS!

That's what you meant, right?

:lol: Hahah. no. this is what i meant....

the law --> :nutz <----attorneys. poetic justice I'd say.

I don't think it's illegal to scalp as long as you're selling it for face value still. Which is why if you ask scalpers what the face value is they'll say "irrelevant" when asking for 90 bucks a piece for crappy tickets.

that being said, scalpers piss me off. In fact, any company selling tickets piss me off (sorry, blackshirt...just being honest. please don't ban me! :( ). I just don't agree with having to buy it through a third party and being charged more for something that's not worth it. Especially with a company like ticketmaster. I don't see any extra benefit that other ticket sellers provide that the University can't. I think we should all just buy them straight from Nebraska at the exact value they are worth.

anyway, I bought tickets off of ebay before. But the company had people working for it that were not pricing them correctly. They were selling them for cheap, and a few days after I won the sale they called me up to tell me they didn't have the tickets and actually were being sold at too low of a price. They tried to rectify the problem, but I opted to go somewhere else. So at least they were nice about it all....I just found it a little strange they were trying to sell tickets they didn't have.

i have bought tickets many times off ebay and will probably for the big 12 champ.....just be sure to look at their feedback as well as where they are from....i dont really trust people on the west/east coast that are selling tickets and such.....ebay also has some sort of guarentee thing if i remember so check into that also....