Tasered Student

My responses where a direct response to posters on this board. Guru, you said "We only viewed the aftermath of what happened. We never viewed the steps which led up to the Taser" ........exactly! We don't know the whole story we were not there. People were very quick to judge the student as well. Here are some of the comments:

"Sounds like your typical anti-government, anti-police moron"

" This moron was cleary in violation of some type of trespassing"

"I got your judge, jury and executioner right here, buddy"

You also said "most kids these days despise the Cops for one reason or another". Maybe the police should be asking themselves why. People respect actions, not uniforms. People do not respect 4 officers tasering a student 4 times while he is already in restraints.

Oh please.....I am not going to look at myself and the mirror and ask myself why people hate me because of my profession. To be honest, I could give two sh#ts what other's thought of me. Just because a person is in restraints does not save him from being "dry stunned". Again people do not know the laws regarding Official Opression and Unlawful Restraint. He was not complying, he was being Tased....End of Story!!!!!!

I ask, are you defending the officers in this situation or defending the occupation of "police-in-general"? To be honest, I really do not want, nor intended, to debate the role and practices of police in a broad sense. I understand that many circumstances require varying uses of force and restraint. I also understand that there are those individuals out there that just "have it in" for any type of authority figure. This being said, I do not believe that this kid, studying in the library, deserved this type of escalated treatment. Should he of sucked-it-up and not yelled obscenities...probably. But, to tell me that the handling of the situation by the officers was done in an appropriate way is mind-blowing (even if it is by the book). One would think that this kid was a finally captured violent offender or gang member (America's Most Wanted status) by how the events unfolded, but alas, he was simply a student studying in a library.

Bottom line............I wasn't there, you weren't there, blackshirtsguru wasn't there, so no one will ever know what really happened other than the officers, the student, and a few witnesses that saw it unfold from the beginning. I know there is a husker saying...."from the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it!" Same saying applies to here!!!