Larry the Cable Guy's picks

LJS

Larry the Cable Guy's picks, 11/18

BY LARRY THE CABLE GUY / For the Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Nov 17, 2006 - 11:05:27 pm CST

Since I have only five games to pick this week, and none of them are nicknamed “Huskers,” I will take this week before Thanksgiving to list the top five things I’m thankful for about this football season.

1. The Lincoln Journal Star.

I have enjoyed doing picks with the rest of the folks all year, and I’m flattered they think I’m popular enough to do it. Either that or they lost Carrot Top’s phone number.

2. Our stadium.

I believe the official name is Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium. I love the expansion. It’s just a tad bit larger square footagewise than Nebraska Furniture Mart but yet still smaller than Rosie O’Donnell’s pantry. However, Rosie and the stadium consume the same amount of hot dogs per year.

3. ESPN GameDay.

Watching Lou Holtz every Saturday struggle to pronounce schools with “s” sounds gave everyone a hardy laugh before watching their team, which Mark May said couldn’t lose, lose.

4. Coach Mangino.

So he’s overweight. Big deal. A lot of people you can’t recognize from across the street. But not Coach M. He’s recognizable up to 360 yards. Who cares. Who doesn’t have to shed unneeded pounds. Ye who is without flab cast the first chico stick. Every time he runs on the field I cheer, and then I grab a tasty piece of pie! I love the guy!

5. Blogs.

God bless all the faceless bloggers who can hammer coaches for things they think the coaches should or shouldn’t do in a game, even though these coaches spend their WHOLE lives living and breathing the game of football and see their players every day and know their strengths and weaknesses. But yet Jimmy the assistant manager at Radio Shack thinks he has all the answers as he blogs away at 3 a.m. in his under britches eatin’ a cold Runza and then downing Tums while staring at a lamp he broke during a moment of rage when the Huskers went into a prevent while only up by five late in the fourth…

OK, I confess, I’m Jimmy.

Here’s my picks….

Ohio State 20, Michigan 14

With all the hype on this game, Jesus could come back during halftime, and the next morning he would only make Page 3.

Cal 27, USC 24

My Grandpa was a USC man — an Unbelievable Spastic Colon. Once again, I’m probably wrong, but when we played the Trojans I signed autographs for some USC fans and then when the game started they threw stuff at me. GO CAL!!

THEY ARE KU 28, WE ARE K-State 24

I AM probably wrong.

Wake Forest 24, Virginia Tech 21

(Insert your own redneck joke here.)

Auburn 21, Alabama 17

(Ditto.)

Love, Larry the Cable Guy

Git-R-Done!

5. Blogs.

God bless all the faceless bloggers who can hammer coaches for things they think the coaches should or shouldn’t do in a game, even though these coaches spend their WHOLE lives living and breathing the game of football and see their players every day and know their strengths and weaknesses. But yet Jimmy the assistant manager at Radio Shack thinks he has all the answers as he blogs away at 3 a.m. in his under britches eatin’ a cold Runza and then downing Tums while staring at a lamp he broke during a moment of rage when the Huskers went into a prevent while only up by five late in the fourth…

:rollin

5. Blogs.

:rollin

So true!!!! :clap

this is hilarious............