Blackshirts must step it up against OU

bornNUred

From what I saw from OU, they do a terrific job of running the football and are capable of making some big plays by doing that. That's where our tackling and defense needs to be at its best. We need to go for the player and not go for the ball. If we can get aggressive and slow this Thompson/Patrick combo down, I think we'll be in good shape. Should be really interesting on Saturday night.

The running game has burnt us a couple of times this year. I am sure Cosgrove will be emphasizing this during this week's practice.

We stop the OU run, we win.

On a side note: Adrian Peterson may be ready by next Saturday. My thoughts are that he hasn't seen as much physical activity since his injury and it may show during the game next week if he does, in fact, play.

From what I saw from OU, they do a terrific job of running the football and are capable of making some big plays by doing that. That's where our tackling and defense needs to be at its best. We need to go for the player and not go for the ball. If we can get aggressive and slow this Thompson/Patrick combo down, I think we'll be in good shape. Should be really interesting on Saturday night.

That is a two fold post. Although I agree with you about stopping the run but look at Okie States rush defense. If I am not mistaken Brandon tore them up in the first half for 150 yards. Yes OU has some decent RB's but I am not sold on them being that great!

There are good parts about playing OU too. OU runs right at you, they dont do much perimiter and they dont do alot of spreads. This should be the kind of offense that Cos has alot of experiance in stopping.

For the OSU run defense, we put 267 on the ground, and we spent alot of time passing in the 4th.

I agree. Shanle had another opportunity to lay out a receiver last night and he didn't. He needs to start hitting receivers and making them think twice about catching that ball.

This is going to be an extremely tough game for us. OU is 11th in Passing Offense but Thompson's percentage is almost as good as Zac's (who has the higher efficiency rating by the way). A lot of that has to do with OU relying on the running game. We're going to have to shut down their running game and force OU to pass it.

the BLACKSHIRTS are gonna need to be running on all cylinders this comming weekend cuase this game is gonna be like street fight with no one wanting to backdown i belive were gonna have to get to their qb and rattle him good along with trying to contain their running game if ad does play like they say it could be a long day if we dont wrap up on our tackles but our defense has come up big in the last three games getting a little better each of the past three weeks so i think that practices this week for the huskers will probably be a fearce one