Adrian Peterson

OKCHusker

Bob Stoops quote - "It's a possibility, but we'll see. For me to say, the doctors ... they'll have to re-go through and do a bone scan and assess what they feel, whether it's OK for him or not. I would say it's doubtful. That would be my feeling today," Stoops said Saturday after the Sooners clinched a spot in the conference championship game with a 27-21 win against Oklahoma State.

Moments later, Stoops retracted his answer until team doctors could give Peterson's collarbone another look.

"Why'd I say doubtful? That's stupid. That's not right. They've got to look at him. Until they do, I won't," Stoops said. "I'm usually smarter than that."

I hope he does... I think it will be more of a distraction to them than actual help. Patrick has been running great and now if they start Peterson and not 100% then have to decide how much to play each other and stuff. Also Peterson hasn't ever really hurt us in all of the games we've played against him so I say bring him on. Also if we win and Peterson plays and looks bad it makes us look that much better

I hope he does... I think it will be more of a distraction to them than actual help. Patrick has been running great and now if they start Peterson and not 100% then have to decide how much to play each other and stuff. Also Peterson hasn't ever really hurt us in all of the games we've played against him so I say bring him on. Also if we win and Peterson plays and looks bad it makes us look that much better

I thought he had a good game last year. I remember one run where he carried Bowman into the end zone, but his freshman year he didn't really do anything against us. But I hope he plays as well because if he doesn't it will give everyone at ESPN an excuse why we won.

I say bring him on. We only lost by 7 to them last year when they had him. If he does play, I dont think he's gunna be quite back to full form. Six weeks off is a long time. Sure, he'll still run hard, but I dont think he'll be the same as before his injury. I can see him being a little tenative when lowering his shoulders and trying to run our guys over.

I say bring him on. We only lost by 7 to them last year when they had him. If he does play, I dont think he's gunna be quite back to full form. Six weeks off is a long time. Sure, he'll still run hard, but I dont think he'll be the same as before his injury. I can see him being a little tenative when lowering his shoulders and trying to run our guys over.

I say bring him on as well. But I think that if he comes back to play, he WILL have a big game. He's a great player and that's just what great players do. i.e. Tommie Frazier Orange Bowl.

I'd hate to see AP injured again. And the sooners are deep enough at running back that they really don't need him. They have an outstanding running game. If they throw AP in and he's not completely healed it could cause problems. Besides after sitting out for so long AP may not be ready to play. His timing and rhythm may be off. Besides, has he even started practicing again???

I'd hate to see AP injured again. And the sooners are deep enough at running back that they really don't need him. They have an outstanding running game. If they throw AP in and he's not completely healed it could cause problems. Besides after sitting out for so long AP may not be ready to play. His timing and rhythm may be off. Besides, has he even started practicing again???

My brother is a manager at a pizza shop here in Missouri. He was wearing a Nebraska hat at work and an OU fan came up to him and started talking college football. I guess the guy knew everything about the Sooners and said that AP had started practicing that week. Well, that was a couple of weeks ago. AP has NFL talent and he will be ready to play.

I don't care who they play, all their backs are just as good. Cally and Coz will have them ready for blood on saturday.

This is exactly right. Patrick is real good. Freshman Chris Brown is pretty good too. Their o line is young but talented.

Ive said it before. Slow the run down . Minimise the short to intermediate pass . You will have a great chance against their offense. There D is tough. We have to hold on to the ball on offense. We should be able to get ours.