PREVIEW OF GAME

MVPujols

I know stats dont really mean much, but im kindda bored and im freakin excited about the game tomorrow..

offense

OU

RANKINGS

Run: 14th

Pass: 80th

Total: 39th

PPG: 39th

NU

RANKINGS

Run: 18

Pass: 19

Total: 9

PPG: 9

On offense, clearly we are better, ranking better in 3 of the 4 categories..

Defense

OU

RANKINGS

Run: 19

Pass: 27

Total: 14

NU

RANKINGS

Run: 48

Pass: 84

Total: 72

So they got us on D.. BUT, our run D aint bad, and if we can force them to throw the ball we will win because Thompson aint that good..

Prediction: NU 17 OU 13

i know, we arent even top half in 2 of the 3 categories

30th in Points per Game Allowed at 18.2. I think that is the most important stat, aside from W-L.

I agree, second in the conference in both scoring and red zone defense. I like the chances of a "bend but don't break" D against a methodical, grind it at you O. LIMIT THE BIG PLAYS!

OU has a pretty shabby turnover margin too. Too bad this D isn’t exactly adept at taking the ball away (or at least figuring out how to get fumbles to bounce our way).

I thought our rankings were a little higher than that.

the huskers all have that problem... they think they are better than they are. Ya'll will get an education tomorrow!

Yeah okay sooner boy!!!!! The problem with Sooner fans is they are a bunch of crybabies that think they deserve more than they really do............Remember OU didn't even get into this game until a week ago and we've been in it for 3 weeks so go cry some place else........you guys really take after your head coach.

OU has a pretty shabby turnover margin too. Too bad this D isn’t exactly adept at taking the ball away (or at least figuring out how to get fumbles to bounce our way).

And that can come back to bite them in the butt pretty hard tonight. I pulled this off another Huskers board so if the guy who posted it over there is reading, I apologize for "benchmarking" but it's some good information:

OU has fumbled 24 times throughout Big XII play (30 times overall this season) and has lost 16 of them (22 on the season).

They fumbled 6 times v. Texas, 2 times v. Iowa St., 2 times v. Colorado, 3 times v. Mizzou, 3 times v. A&M, 4 times v. Texas Tech and 4 times v. Baylor. Oklahoma St. has been the only team that they have not fumbled against all season long. OU has also had atleast 2 fumbles in 9 of 12 games. Atleast 3 fumbles in 5 of 12 games.

In contrast their defense has only forced 3 fumbles (v. 24 surrendered by their offense) during conference play.

Their offense also had 9 turnovers in their two games (Tech and A&M) prior to playing Okie St.

Paul Thompson also has only attempted 20+ passes once in their last 5 games (v. Tech, 31 passes attempted). He has only completed more than 17 passes once during conference play (also v. Tech, 24 completions).

Thompson only completed 3 passes v. A&M (39 yds.passing) and 7 v. Okie St. (77 yds. passing)

Turnovers could be the major key to this game and the other teams ability to capitalize on them.