Crowd

i have to agree that the offense seemed to fizzle at the 30 yard line. it also looked like ZT was trying to do to much all by himself.

the 99 yard drive was a killer

second guesses dont work, but i would have liked to have see .the 2 minute drill no huddle offense, which would have kept OU from bringing in fresh legs for the pass rush.

for the crowd noise, i think that the fumble recovery and touchdow with 42 seconds into the game took alot of the crowd noise ot of it

Well, Ive been known to be critical about our noise level in the past, but in this case I have to strongly agree that we were damn loud during the majority of the game. I was actualy very impressed, b/c I thought the overall DB level throughout the game was louder than most home games Ive been to this year. Especially when we combined the "seat pounding" with our screaming - that really compounded the noise, which obviously cant happen at home games.

But both sides are probably right, b/c heres the thing I've learned - where you are in the stadium has A LOT to do with how you intrepret the noise. ETR and I were fortunate to be on the 25 in row 16 (opposite end from OU crowd), and Im telling you the noise down there was deafening at times, so I know it affected OU - fact is, Thompson just played absolute lights out. Hell there were times when the general "buzz" from the crowd - just people talking - was so loud during our possessions that I noticed even Taylor had trouble hearing. And from where we were sitting, it truly didnt even sound like any OU fans were yelling AT ALL. But again, we were on the same side and opposite end as their fans/band, so werent in their direct path. A case in point is at the A&M game -- we were very high and out of the path of the student section, so much of the noise dissipated before it got to us, so it didnt seem very loud - but I still know damn well that place was rocking.

I also think Gideanb nailed it about the positioning of the microphones. I think ABC does this to give a "ying-yang" feel to the noise for entertainment purposes - especially at a neutral site. In fact I know they have microphones near each teams bands, and it so happened that was exactly where nearly ALL of the OU fans were.

Just my perspective, but overall I was proud of our fans and think we DUN BRUNG IT.