Introduce Yourself

I have amended your question set to account for the fact that I'm not from 'round here...

1)How long have you been a member of Buckeye Nation? 20 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? It was meant to be.

3) Where are you from originally? Cleveland, OH

4) Where do you live now? Cleveland, after stops in Cincitucky, Columbus, and Lansing MI.

5) Favorite Buckeye memory? The look on Jake Plummer's face on Jan 1, 1997.

6) Worst Buckeye memory? 1998 Michigan State.

7) Number of home games attended? Around 10.

8) Number of away games attended? 2

9) Favorite Buckeye memorabilia/apparel? Framed 'Game of the Century' print.

10) Favorite place to watch a Buckeye game? A-Deck.

11) Favorite all time player? Archie.

12) WCO or Option? Anything with balance, involving (GASP!) throwing to the TE from time to time.

14) Brutus or Brutus? um... Brutus.

15) Favorite Buckeye play? Holy Buckeye

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Yes.

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Google.

Hello all. Another Buckeye coming in to see how things are here. Doing another amended questionnaire.

1)How long have you been a member of Buckeye Nation? 15 years (since I first attended tOSU)

2) What/who led you to The Nation? TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band in the Land) - I last lived in Virginia before going to college, and since music was a large influence in my life, I naturally chose my university because of music.

3) Where are you from originally? Everywhere (Army brat)

4) Where do you live now? Columbus, OH Home of the Buckeyes

5) Favorite Buckeye memory? Winning the National Championship in 2003.

6) Worst Buckeye memory? Just about everytime we played scUM when John Cooper was coach.

7) Number of home games attended? over 50 but don't know the exact number.

8) Number of away games attended? 0

9) Favorite Buckeye memorabilia/apparel? Signed football by Jim Tressel

10) Favorite place to watch a Buckeye game? A-Deck.

11) Favorite all time player? Jack Tatum

12) WCO or Option? Neither?

14) Brutus or Brutus? um... Brutus.

15) Favorite Buckeye play? Holy Buckeye

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Anything liquid that isn't just water.

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Linked from Buckeye Planet

Buckeye fan here, hello to all fan bases! Born in Cleveland, Ohio. Graduated high school in Ohio in 2002. Left and moved to Las Vegas, NV 9 days after graduation and am currently still in Las Vegas. Been a Buckeye fan ever since i liked football. They're my number one team and will always be for eternity. Favorite Buckeyes are Troy Smith and Tedd Ginn Jr. I just love college football in general and can watch almost any game with any team

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while and decided to join. I'm using the name my friends gave me when I started to go to games wearing red polyester pants, white belt and red sports jacket, sporting a full beard and my long hair down. Those where good times.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 40 years.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? I moved to Nebraska December of 1969 when I was 7 years old

3) Where are you from originally? The great state of Texas.

4) Where do you live now? Lincoln, NE

5) Favorite Husker memory? January 1, 1971 Orange Bowl when Jerry Tagge stuck the ball over the goal line to beat LSU. My first memory is listening to Lyle Bremser call the Wake Forest game on the radio while playing football in the yard.

6) Worst Husker memory? When NU lost to MU in 1978 After Tom Osborn finally beat OU that year and had to play them again in the Orange bowl.

7) Number of home games attended? Approximately 188

8) Number of away games attended? 3

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? 1994 Championship hat

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? Section 7 behind where the band section use to be. Duffy's for away games.

11) Favorite all time player? It was Dave Rimington but now I'd have to say Ndamukong Suh

12) WCO or Option? Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? I don't understand this question.

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie Husker.

15) Favorite Husker play? Fumblerooski.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Beer when I'm not at the game. In Memorial Stadium I miss having a Coke now I have to drink Pepsi. I'm part of the rope crew for the Tunnel Walk so I don't drink alcohol before or at the games. If I did there would be rum in the Coke.

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Search engine

Hey everyone, obligatory introduction post. long time lurker, figured i wanted to get my 2 cents in with all the hoopla going on.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Since birth (1986), born and raised in nebraska

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Where else would someone rather be?

3) Where are you from originally? Omaha

4) Where do you live now? Minneapolis

5) Favorite Husker memory? Going to games with my grandpa as a youngin, one thing that sticks out in my mind was being a huge Carlos Polk Fan and My grandpa holding me up during the tunnel walk to get a high five from Him. i remember his hands were frickin huge

6) Worst Husker memory? going to the most recent ISU game. the fumble gods were not happy with the big red on that day

7) Number of home games attended? IDK anywhere from 15-20 give or take

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? I have a Bobby Newcomb (sp?) authentic jersey that i love

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) North Endzone, or club seats

11) Favorite all time player? tough one, Wistrom, the peters bros, ahman green, crouch, IDK i like all husker players ever

12) WCO or Option? option of course

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? i think i threw up in my mouth, just hearing steve pederson

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? reverse pass to crouch to lock up the sooners in 2001 i beleive

16) Favorite game-day beverage? beer

Unfortunately I cannot add to your Nebraska questions as I am a tOSU alum (33 yrs old and now in law school, should have done it earlier, oh well), but I subscribed to the board so I could comment on some articles and thought I should introduce anyways.

I am proud to have you guys join as I think most of the conference is. Two quick notes, some of the venues you guys will travel to will not be accommodating, think tOSU (we are notoriously awful) and PSU, Michigan isn't bad, but that's just fan talk.

We are a big family and want all schools to do well; we root for any Big Ten school when in competition (unless you are visiting our school). Welcome to the club and I think this is going to be a fantastic relationship. I would absolutely love Nebraska and tOSU facing off for the MNC this year, what a story that would be. Good luck Huskers!

Hi all.

Long time, first time here.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? My whole life (26 years)

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Always been a part of it.

3) Where are you from originally? Omaha

4) Where do you live now? Omaha

5) Favorite Husker memory? Thats a tough one. Either the Schlesinger TD in the Orange Bowl against Miami. Or last years win at Missourri. My brother went to Mizzou and have been going to games down there since '03 and after the bad losses and bad fans, last year in the rain was a great feeling.

6) Worst Husker memory? The passing of Brook Berringer

7) Number of home games attended? Couldnt even tell ya

8) Number of away games attended? 5

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? My hat that was autographed by Dr. Tom and Ahman Green

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) At home with my dad

11) Favorite all time player? Ahman Green

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? How can you pick Steve the snake?

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? One that ends in a sack or int.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Im not that pickey in this field

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)Been reading the board for a while now but prolly a google search

Ha, some of those made me think a lil. ::bigredn:: GBR

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Born into it in 1936. I grew up in Illinois but my dad and relatives followed Nebraska for all the intervening years.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? My uncle saw every home game between about '48 and about '70 and I caught the fever from him. He and my father talked about the "old" days when Bible was the coach and the team whipped up on about everybody.

3) Where are you from originally? Bellevue, Nebraska.

4) Where do you live now? In a motor home. As this is written, it is parked near Allen, NE. You better believe that by the time snow flies it will be in Phoenix or some other spot in the far south.

5) Favorite Husker memory? Experiencing the transition. As a first year grad student I attended the very first game Bob Devaney coached. It is almost impossible to describe the feelings on campus as the team that had been a doormat for years suddenly COULD play some football. You cannot believe the awe, excitement and sense of pride of the students, faculty and fans that season. It was amazing!!!

6) Worst Husker memory? I guess it would have to be the sorry mess we went through with Pedersen and Callahan. Neither one got the picture and the former had experience and still drove the car off into the ditch.

7) Number of home games attended? Don't know nor remember. Every home game for two years and a couple more after.

8) Number of away games attended? Only one. At the University of Illinois a few years before I arrived on campus--a 21 to 21 tie.

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Got a cap. I'm not big on outward stuff.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)

11) Favorite all time player? Bob Churchich. Saw him on campus several times. Just a skinny-ass kid who could play football.

12) WCO or Option? You call that a choice?

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne, of course. I'm not too sure he got the picture because he let criticism get under his skin but his head was screwed on so that it pointed mostly straight ahead.

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Flip a coin.

15) Favorite Husker play? Bouncerooski of course. :)

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Water.

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)

GBR!!

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Counting today, never :) Always respected it though.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? See #1

3) Where are you from originally? St. Joseph MI & Waynesboro PA

4) Where do you live now? Columbus OH

5) Favorite Husker memory? Frazier beasting against Florida

6) Worst Husker memory? Dunno, 5th down?

7) Number of home games attended? None, definitely plan on it now that we're colleagues

8) Number of away games attended? None

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? None

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? Couch with nachos and a cold drink

11) Favorite all time player(s)? Ndamukong Suh, Irving Fryar, Ahman Green

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Steve Byrne?

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? Frazier

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Crisp gatorade from the sideline

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Referred from members on BuckeyePlanet

lol, my bad... I think that play and the Flea Kicker (which I knew was Nebraska) somehow rolled together.

Can I substitute a second favorite? The flea flicker play by Michigan in the alamo bowl. Instead of pitching it to a superstar returner and challenging Cal-Stanford for an all-time great lateral play, Tyler Ecker runs for 20 yds alongside Breaston and then non-chalantly accepts going out of bounds.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Since 1970

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Bob Devaney

3) Where are you from originally? Filley, Nebr

4) Where do you live now? Tulsa, OK

5) Favorite Husker memory? 1997 Tommie Frazier run thru Florida in Fiesta Bowl

6) Worst Husker memory? The infamous 1 second back on the clock against Texas

7) Number of home games attended? 3

8) Number of away games attended? 2

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? On my Big Screen

11) Favorite all time player? Tommie Frazier

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? How about Tom Osborn

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Lil Red

15) Favorite Husker play? Fumblerooski

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Miller

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Google

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all. I've been reading pretty much every post on this board since the 2008 season and I just now decided to hop on the wagon.

I was born in and have lived in Lincoln all of my 18 years and I just graduated from North Star High School this past June. Although I have lived in the heart of Husker Nation my entire life, I didn't become a fan of the Huskers (or football in general, for that matter) until the 2007 season (bad choice for a starter season, I know). I will be starting my freshman year of college at UNL this coming fall semester and I will be majoring in Biochemistry (hoping to become a dentist someday). Also, I will be trying out for the Nebraska Drumline (hence my display name) in about a month.

Anywho, my favorite Husker of all time is Scott Frost because he's the first one I can remember ever hearing about from my family. My favorite current Husker is a tie between Rex Burkhead and Prince Amukamara. They're both absolute beasts, it's hard to choose. My favorite Husker memory is when DeJon Gomes intercepted that pass in the Big 12 CCG that lead to Nebraska winning the game (oh, wait...). My least favorite memory is hearing the final score from the Iowa St. game from last year on the way back to a band competition; needless to say, that was a pretty quiet bus ride.

So, yeah, that'a about it. I look forward to some awesome topics in the coming season.

GBR!

• 2 weeks later...

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? A good 25 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Lance Haffner College Football game

3) Where are you from originally? Hanover, PA

4) Where do you live now? Biglerville, PA

5) Favorite Husker memory? First time seeing the Huskers in person vs West Virgina in the Kickoff Classic at the Meadowlands

6) Worst Husker memory? Attending 2002 game vs Penn State

7) Number of home games attended? 0

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? At home on the projector

11) Favorite all time player? Crouch, Ahman Green

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Lil Red

15) Favorite Husker play? Frost to Wiggins to Davison

16) Favorite game-day beverage?

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Other board