Game preparation

There seems to be agreement that BC, when given time to prepare, does exceptionally well. Witness the CU games last year and this year and the Alamo bowl last year. Hopefully, that trend will hold against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl.

But, does anyone know how they get game films, how many, of what games, etc.

Meanwhile, here's hoping the Huskers turn the Tigers into pussycats. :box

:bonez

I think he learned a few things after this weekend and will not allow us to lose come Jan. 1st................having said that it's going to come down to the players executing things and just flat out wanting it more than Auburn. They are ranked very well and it will be a tough game. Our guys just need to go out and have fun as well. You can't take everything so seriously and treat it like a business all the time. I think that's where we went wrong some on Saturday. It didn't seem like our guys were having any fun out there!!!!

I think that's where we went wrong some on Saturday. It didn't seem like our guys were having any fun out there!!!!

Kind of hard to have fun when you're getting manhandled :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed, but if you look at the sCUm game even though the two teams aren't comparable our guys were having a blast out there.........it helps with the confidence obviously.

It will be interesting to see what they do as far as the DB's are concerned. It is time to try out the younger players. They have almost a month to have them practice against our recievers.

Good point UNO. If they can cover Purify, etc, that ought give them a yardstick to use against any receivers in the NCAA. :bonez

this is why i have always thought that the #1 offense should go against the #1 defense more in practice. the scout team i am sure has some athletes on it but they cannot be starter quality or they would be starting.

if your defense is practicing really well against the scout team and then gets torched by the opposing offense on game day, you would think that you might just have a problem.

i dont know, that is why i am in Iraq and not on the sidelines of a DIV 1 school coaching

There are a couple of competing interests at stake:

1. Injuries. The more you run the 1s against each other, the greater the chance for injuries to occur.

2. Giving each unit good "looks" at what the opposing team runs. You don't want to have your first unit trying to mimic the other team's scheme - they need to practice their own. At the same time, you want your first team to see the formations and what kind of plays are run out of those formations.

I think, if you are going to run the 1s against each other, it should be for your most physical drills - those that don't involve recognition necessarily, such as goal line plays and such.

Now, during a long layoff, such as now, or during spring ball, I think it's a good idea to have a lot of practice of 1s verses 1s. You still have plenty of time to get teach your own schemes, yet still get each side of the ball some experinece going against the best athletes possible.

this is why i have always thought that the #1 offense should go against the #1 defense more in practice. the scout team i am sure has some athletes on it but they cannot be starter quality or they would be starting.

if your defense is practicing really well against the scout team and then gets torched by the opposing offense on game day, you would think that you might just have a problem.

i dont know, that is why i am in Iraq and not on the sidelines of a DIV 1 school coaching

That is a good point. But, they have seen one helluva QB lining up against them for the scout team (Keller) and that still hasn't helped them. You know your secondary is horrible when the scout team QB is completing 80% of his passes against them in practice.