QB Harrison Beck

Player:Harrison Beck

Position: QB

Height: 6’-1.5”

Weight:205

40 time: 4.67-4.70

Visit Date:None

Scholarships offered: Over 20 including Neb, Miami, Fla., Fla. St., Mich., Ole Miss, N.C. St.

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #3 Pro Style QB/****

Insiders: #7 QB/****

Current Status: Committed to NU

Assessing the talent: Everything Callahan and Norvell look for in a QB. He’s got the strong, cocky attitude to go along with the rocket arm. He’s excitable and a true leader. He can throw the bomb (over 60 yards at the QB Academy) and thread the rock in between defenders on a sit route over the middle. Is currently the only QB Nebraska is targeting. Many other schools, including the ones listed above are still actively recruiting Beck. He has consistently said he is 100% committed to the Huskers, but may take a visit or two, to in his words “catch me a good football game.”

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 99% - Verbal Commitment………………………… I would take something monumental for him to skip out on the Huskers. He loves football and so does the Nebraska. He loves the town and the atmosphere. He knows he will have a good opportunity to get playing time at the very least as a backup next year. Plain and simple he is the future of the Nebraska Cornhuskers

I'm not a fan of him.  He's cocky trash to me.  I think he is alil overrated to those that think he is going to come in start right away.  His first pass last game was int'd for a td.

You like richie being cocky but you don't like this guy? I don't get it. At this guy is cocky about his game and not being a prick on the field.

I'm not a fan of him.  He's cocky trash to me.  I think he is alil overrated to those that think he is going to come in start right away.  His first pass last game was int'd for a td.

You like richie being cocky but you don't like this guy? I don't get it. At this guy is cocky about his game and not being a prick on the field.

From things I've read beck is a lil prick on the field. I just am not a fan of him. Hope that is ok.

He had a whole 46 yards passing last game.

From things I've read beck is a lil prick on the field. I just am not a fan of him. Hope that is ok.

He had a whole 46 yards passing last game.

Like eric said

On the season, Beck hasn't thrown the ball much, tossing it just 30 times on the year. His efficiency, however, that makes up for the quantity, the quality more than sufficient. 5 touchdowns, 500+ yards and his completion percentage, a whopping 73+.

How are you going to measure a recruit by a single game. Reading from just the books none the less.

I'm not saying he isn't a good qb, but I don't think he'll come in and be any good till atleast his junior year. He might be below average his freshman year and average his sophomore year. But if guys are thinking he's going to come in and have our offense be the best in the land your crazy.

I'm not saying he isn't a good qb, but I don't think he'll come in and be any good till atleast his junior year. He might be below average his freshman year and average his sophomore year. But if guys are thinking he's going to come in and have our offense be the best in the land your crazy.

Nah, that's kind unrealistic. There aren't many people who can do that their first year in any program. But he does show a lot of promise up front.

I'm not saying he isn't a good qb, but I don't think he'll come in and be any good till atleast his junior year.  He might be below average his freshman year and average his sophomore year.  But if guys are thinking he's going to come in and have our offense be the best in the land your crazy.

Nah, that's kind unrealistic. There aren't many people who can do that their first year in any program. But he does show a lot of promise up front.

I like the kids cocky attitude. I think that is something that is missing from our offense. I wish that we had someone now that would get after people. Richie sorta had, but he came with a lot of other baggage that was bad for the team. I don't think that he will come in and start next year, but he will get after people in practice and make them do it right.

I'm not saying he isn't a good qb, but I don't think he'll come in and be any good till atleast his junior year.  He might be below average his freshman year and average his sophomore year.  But if guys are thinking he's going to come in and have our offense be the best in the land your crazy.

I like the kids cocky attitude. I think that is something that is missing from our offense. I wish that we had someone now that would get after people. Richie sorta had, but he came with a lot of other baggage that was bad for the team. I don't think that he will come in and start next year, but he will get after people in practice and make them do it right.

With the way joe's going I would be suprised now if beck don't start. After the western illinois game I thought there would be no way joe wouldn't start next year. Maybe adams will turn out to be something. I still say keep an eye on davis.

I also have to admit seeing numbers like that concern me. I mean seriously guys, if we were still recruition OPTION QBs those numbers would MAYBE be acceptable. But comeon, we are expecting this kid to be a PASSER first. We all know that there is a huge drop off b/t HS and college, so if he is only familiar and tested at passing for 43 yds/gm in HS.. where do you think those nums will go when he gets to D1!!!

To me he sounds like an E Crouch from M-North minus the 200 rushing yds/gm. not impressed.