QB Harrison Beck

• 2 weeks later...

I know its early and I know its an all star game but Beck has a arm. Most of his passes were short but they were on target TO THE OPEN RECEIVER!!!!!!!! Its only half time right now but I like what I see. He also had a nice touch down pass in the corner of the end zone. Got to get back to the game.

GO BIG RED :worship

Hey kc husker - I also live in KC - what channel is it on down here? Or do you have an extended cable package? I jus have Comcast basic and it's not on FSN 73... bummer.

Im on Time Warner cable and got the extended package on fox sports chanels. Beck has a arm. What part of KC do you live at? Im up on 435 and schoal creek up north

I saw most of the game and I liked what I saw from Beck. Overall I thought he played the best of all the QBs (from both teams). Beck didn't have a td, but did throw a fade for a 2 pt conversion. He showed good arm strength, but what impressed me was his poise, efficiency, and management of the offense. Most of the pass plays called were short quick hitters. He was impressive on one play where he had to scramble away from pressure, avoiding two guys and still was able to set up and throw a strike down field for the completion. As far as the pick, it was obvious that he thought the receiver was going to break inside, but didn't. You have to keep in mind that these kids have been together a short time. On one broken running play, he wasted no time tucking and running, only to be run down by Rey Maualuga who is one very impressive at linebacker. I also liked that Beck wasn't afraid to go hard on the QB sneak twice. The first time he took a very hard shot but it didn't seem to phase him. He just seemed to be in control of the offense and made good, quick decisions. As far as Picou, I was not impressed as he didn't seem to have quick feet. He was going against a 275 lb tackle that actually did a back flip after making a sack (now that's impressive). I just hope Wags can mold him. All in all, Beck was solid, Picou was so,so, and I only wish we could have got Maualuga (sp).