QB Harrison Beck

Beck looked pretty good. Great arm strength, seemed to look at more than 1 receiver. Did dial in on Rouse a few times. Was really accurate with the short out passes and quick reads. Did overthrow a couple of 40-50 yard fly patterns, but not by too much, and may have overthrown them because the receivers were well covered.

As far as Picou, I was not impressed as he didn't seem to have quick feet. He was going against a 275 lb tackle that actually did a back flip after making a sack (now that's impressive). I just hope Wags can mold him. All in all, Beck was solid, Picou was so,so, and I only wish we could have got Maualuga (sp).

No kidding, he is reported to have a 5.2-5.4 forty. Thats pretty darn slow, too bad cally doesnt recruit the quick-footed, smash-mouthed types that TO and FS did.

I wouldnt expect too much of him.

I was unable to see the CaliFlorida game myself, but got many reports from kc husker (thanks man).... and it sounds like to the kid game play.... According to articles in the paper, he feels he has something to prove whenever he plays....He has many critics and he feels like he needs to silence them...(ala... Brett Farve)

By reading the posts and getting reports, I hear that he always seemed to know where the "OPEN" WR was...Man is that refreshing :clap .

I personally hope he will be willing to redshirt and learn th e offense, but many true freshman qbs have made immediate impact in college and at big universities....Chris Leak did fairly well at Florida....(not an easy offense to learn)...

So if he happens to be the best QB on campus next year, then let's play him.

Correct me if I am wrong (which I sure someone will), but he seems to be the most highly touted QB recruit since Frazier, and he turned out to be pretty adequate :smokin .

I know that Newcombe and Dukes were hyped quite of bit, but I don't remember them getting all of this attention....Hype doesn't put points on the board. Rmember POTENTIAL is the most wasted resource on earth, but this kid may be what BC and Husker Nation is looking for.

Just do not judge him right of way.... Let him get his feet wet...He will make mistakes!!!!!!

Good post HANC. I agree with what you are saying. Depending on what happens with Taylor, Dailey and Adams come this fall, I would like to see Beck redshirt. If not, let 'er rip....I guess. :)

Redshirt or not, if Beck's the best QB we've got, he needs to be on the field. The two games I've watched him play, against some pretty good talent, he has been pretty impressive, not only his skill but his toughness. Daily didn't seem to have any toughness this year. Was it his fault or the coaches, not wanting him to get hurt? Who knows, but I feel we'll be better off no matter what happens next year at QB.

• 2 weeks later...

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 99% - Verbal Commitment………………………… I would take something monumental for him to skip out on the Huskers. He loves football and so does the Nebraska. He loves the town and the atmosphere. He knows he will have a good opportunity to get playing time at the very least as a backup next year. Plain and simple he is the future of the Nebraska Cornhuskers

• 2 weeks later...
Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 99% - Verbal Commitment………………………… I would take something monumental for him to skip out on the Huskers. He loves football and so does the Nebraska. He loves the town and the atmosphere. He knows he will have a good opportunity to get playing time at the very least as a backup next year. Plain and simple he is the future of the Nebraska Cornhuskers

You damn pessimist, odds are 100%! His dad has a membership to huskerillustrated and posts on rivals paysite all the time. Barring our entire staff getting fired, there is no chance of this kid decommitting.

Beck's Blog

Check this latest installment of Beck's blog. He basically can't wait to get here.

Some quotes:

"This is one of the biggest weeks so far in my life. I will sign away my soul to the Nebraska Huskers."

"I have every intention of working as hard as I can and never letting up for just one second. I want to be great. Everyone that Nebraska has offered has that same desire!"

"I have about an inch-and-a-half of the play book," he said. "I have base three, five, and seven-step packages and all of the offensive line protections. I have a lot of stuff actually, and we've had about three or four meetings. I'll tell you what, there's times where I'm not sure if my (high school) coach stole their offense or what. But I'm not even joking - it's so easy it's ridiculous. The protections are the same thing, they just have different names for them. All of their different packages - I haven't seen nearly all of it - but the ones that he's putting up right now are no different from anything that I've ever done. They're set up the same way and completely designed the same way and everything." - Harrison Beck

I'm not sure where that is from, but a buddy of mine emailed it to me a few minutes ago, and that is awesome! This doesn't sound like the biochemicalsuperconductivemechanical engineering-style playbook that many people seem to believe BC is trying to install.

This is a 17 year old kid and I'm giddy every time I think of him coming here to play!