Herbstreit has proven once and for all WE NEED TREV BACK!

Okay, I know there is nothing new here. I mean I could list a hundred occasions where ESPN has attempted to dismiss Nebraska or make us look bad. But this Kirk Herbstreit rant takes the cake. And what added insult to insult was that that smiling sack of crap Mark May was sitting there with a shite eating grin on his face during the whole little cry baby diatribe. Herbstreit is a little puke. Throwing his papers on the ground, whining about having two Husker teams in the finals against each other, whining that ESPN classic is not available in California and South Florida…pathetic. By the way Herbstreit, I live in Southern California and ESPN classic is available here you dumb-ass. I know that he knows that, but there are those who do not. And also by the way, there are 18,000,000 people in the greater Los Angeles area. So who really has the advantage when it comes to voting? Perhaps people all just know that the `95 Huskers WERE the GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM OF ALL TIME!

So bottom line…we need Trev back on ESPN badly. I know it frustrated him to have to sit on a panel with a mental midget like Mark May, and I know it upset the rest of the hosts to have someone with a brain, that could provide real analysis. And I know they were trying to relegate him to second team. But, if he were there, he could at least have slapped that little cry baby and explained to him exactly why the `95 Skers were the best ever. It certainly didn’t help that that little Granny look-alike Lou Holtz was the only one defending us. I don’t think anybody notices between all the spitting and slobber sucking, that Holtz actually made a few good points. But if we hold our breath waiting for Holtz to say something smart again, we are all going to die of affixation.

Please come back Trev…. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holtz, Corso, and Switzer were all three defending the Huskers against Herbstreit and May. Herby and May have forgotten the fact that the 71 and 95 Husker teams have shown up on several "Best Team Ever" polls. This should not have been a surprise to anyone who has followed college football over the last 30 years. During the telecast I found myself agree with Holtz and Corso for the first time in years. And understanding that the NU/OU rivalry was special - special because Barry Switzer who could have said anything he wanted about NU and instead said nothing but good things about the Huskers and the program. Huge props to Barry.

I remember when Herbstreit first came to ESPN. He was such a breathe of fresh air because he seemed to be prepared and not biased towards one conference or another.

Now he's reached the point where he's probably made too many relationships across the football landscape and tends to be biased towards those relationships instead of reporting like a journalist is supposed to.

At the end of the day ESPN looked bad. But you'll never get that from ESPN. They'll confuse you by stating that a state in the bottom third of population (#39 with 1.7 million) was able to cheat the system and beat the #1 population stae Cal (35 mill), #2 TX (22 mill), #4 FL (17 mill), #6 Penn (12 mill), #7 OH (11 mill), #8 Mich (8 mill), #9 Georgia (8.7 mill), and even #29 OK (3.5 mill).

What this vote really showed is that Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne were able to put together football programs that reached many more people than the people who reside inside the state of Nebraksa.

And I am an example of that.

Go Big Red - and screw ESPN.

Im really starting to like Corso he defended us and i dont remember what he told herbstreit when he was having his sissy fit it was funny though.

:yeah

it was funny during that broadcast. It was all the old school guys on the left and the young guys on the right. Even the young guys all talked on how they didn't know much about the '71 team and couldn't comment on how good they were...while the old guys who actually PLAYED against them stated how powerful they were.

blah, I like Corso now, and hate Herbstreit.

My favorite part is when Herbstreit went "did they throw the ball!?," and I think it was Corso who shouted back, they didnt need to throw the ball!" Great football teams impose their will on the other team. That 95 team could have lined up in your defensive huddle and TOLD you what play they were running and you still couldnt stop it.

The funny part is that the little puke Herbstreit showed his absolute ignorance with the "Did they even throw the ball?" comment. When he said that he was talking about the 1971 Skers. He obviously never checked this out before he made the comment (no fact checking...big surprise) but in `71 we didn't run the option yet. And maybe our attack leaned toward the run, but remember, that was when Jerry Tagge was our QB. And that is the team that destroyed the great Bear Briant and his Crimson Tide by more than 30 points in the Orange Bowl. But That little punk-ass Herbstreit doesn't know anything about college football in general, and doesn't remember anything past three years ago. He is an idiot.

Come Back Trev. You were the only one who knew anything about college football. Sure you gave it to the Huskers once in a while (when they deserved it) but you always gave the Skers the credit they deserved. Pleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz come back!!!!!!

My favorite part is when Herbstreit went "did they throw the ball!?," and I think it was Corso who shouted back, they didnt need to throw the ball!" Great football teams impose their will on the other team. That 95 team could have lined up in your defensive huddle and TOLD you what play they were running and you still couldnt stop it.

My favorite Corso comment was him telling Herbstreit to "get over it". I lost a lot of respect for Herbstreit who I viewed as one of the more non-biased commentators/analysts on tv.