Something Missing - Shatel's Commentary

Did any one watch Pete Carroll on the sidelines last night? Thats whats missing from NE we dont have a coach any coach on the sidelines that has any emotion. I know TO was the same way but he had coaches next to him that got fired up and actually appeared to give a damn.

I am not saying fire the coach although something needs to change before next year! Maybe Keller can bring the fire we need!

Have you never watched the other coaches? When Congdon made that punt our offensive line coach was on the field high-fiving him! Bill Busch is always jacked up... and don't forget the craziest one... Randy Jordan. Have you ever seen film of him at practice... the guy is electric. Next time you are at a game, watch the other coaches, it is hard to see on TV, but most of them are very firery.

Have you never watched the other coaches? When Congdon made that punt our offensive line coach was on the field high-fiving him! Bill Busch is always jacked up... and don't forget the craziest one... Randy Jordan. Have you ever seen film of him at practice... the guy is electric. Next time you are at a game, watch the other coaches, it is hard to see on TV, but most of them are very firery.

I'll agree with the assistants being emotional, but BC hardly ever shows emotion (unless he is giving the ref a throat slash). Did you see Tuberville give a smile and get excited after the 4th down. The Boise St. coach showed emotion after the game w/ OU. The only thing I saw BC do after the game was smile, it was kinda like well we tried, there is always next year.

I'll agree with the assistants being emotional, but BC hardly ever shows emotion (unless he is giving the ref a throat slash). Did you see Tuberville give a smile and get excited after the 4th down. The Boise St. coach showed emotion after the game w/ OU. The only thing I saw BC do after the game was smile, it was kinda like well we tried, there is always next year.

BC does show emotion... look at him after the first score druing the game or last year during the Michigian game... or when we won the North this year. Sure Tubberville was happy... they were gonna win! It's much easier to show emotion when things are going good

I hate USC. But I tell you, Pete Caroll makes playing football fun. His entire coaching staff is highly energetic. I did attend the Wash St - USC game in Pullman this past season and was extremely jealous we didn't have coaches like that. I sat right behind their bench and several times saw Pete run to the bench giving guys that screwed up noogies saying "isn't this fun"?? Talk about picking up a player who's moral is down.

There are two ways to provide leadership. Scare them to suceed or encourage them and make them believe. But no doubt win or lose you can tell Pete Carroll loves college football. He's like a kid out there savoring every moment. He was even like that his first season at USC when they weren't as good.

Each coach has his style. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. lol

WARRRRR EAGLEEEE!!! :)