All of this message merging is getting out of hand

Seriously, I don't appreciate having to spend an extra 15 minutes trying to track down something I posted in one message, which then got merged with another, somewhat similar topic, which then got re-f'ing-merged with another somewhat similar topic and put into an entirely different board category.

If the moderators are going to editorialize everything on this board to such an obnoxious degree, at least they could start spell checking for us.

Seriously, I don't appreciate having to spend an extra 15 minutes trying to track down something I posted in one message, which then got merged with another, somewhat similar topic, which then got re-f'ing-merged with another somewhat similar topic and put into an entirely different board category.

If the moderators are going to editorialize everything on this board to such an obnoxious degree, at least they could start spell checking for us.

Im glad they did it!! How many f'ing threads do we need about the same topic??? I hate getting on here and seeing 15 threads with the same whining, crying, and bitching!

I wish there was an easy solution to keep everyone happy during situations like this, and Im not being a smartazz, but there just isnt.

When topics are merged theres no way to leave a "trail" or link from the original topic to the new one it was merged with, so I understand it can be hard to track down. This is opposed to when a topic is started that is simply moved to another forum - it IS possible to leave a link in this case.

The alternative to what our mods do to keep the board as tight as possible, is to leave every topic open and let the board get overwhelmed with the same walmart flavored homogenous discussion. Then people get tired of posting the same comment in every topic - the topics get watered down - and people leave the board.

And the fact is there are more people that would get pissed about this, than the first scenario - trust me, we've gotten the feedback. But we do appreciate yours too - we just cant keep everyone happy, thats the unfortunate reality.

I personally think this board is very user friendly compared to other boards. Try going to allbuffs.com or texags.com and see what happens when things aren't organized well. There are threads all over the place and the topics usually have nothing to do with the title of the section!!! Keep up the good work mods I appreciate what your doing!!!!

Like Blackshirt says, it comes down to whether it's better to have 10 topics that talk about the same thing or one topic for that idea. Which sounds more reasonable? If you have many topics about the same idea, you'd have to post in all of them if you wanted to be part of it.

Don't be mad at the moderators, be mad at the people starting umpteen topics within the same vein of though.

Editorializing the board might have some benefits, but it just seems weird to me. When comments are moved, they tend to lose context. It's a strange form of "censorship," to me at least, to be able to post something, but then have its context altered.

Plus if you want to check back on your posts and see if somebody replied to you, sometimes you have to spend quite a bit of time tracking down your message if it has been moved. And often the result of merged topics is a big, jumbled mess that has no continuity of logic.

Every topic has a billion sub-topics that can be brought up and expounded upon, which is what I thought message boards were for. For example, there are many ways to spin the "FIRE CALLAHAN" debate, and I don't think the discussion is best served by merging all semi-related comments into one mega-thread that loses coherency with each post.

I'm just nit-picking, I guess.

Plus if you want to check back on your posts and see if somebody replied to you, sometimes you have to spend quite a bit of time tracking down your message if it has been moved. And often the result of merged topics is a big, jumbled mess that has no continuity of logic.

Got to the top right of board index page. Find where it says logged in as. Click your username. You will see your profile appear.

Upper right you will see profile options, click it. A drop down will give you five options. Click on the first one that says ,"Find members posts".

That will take you to all your posts. Find the post your trailing. CLick the thread title upper left of post. There you are right where your post is with all the comments of the thread it was moved to.

It only takes a couple seconds and is a easy way to find your post in a thread.

Got to the top right of board index page. Find where it says logged in as. Click your username. You will see your profile appear.

Upper right you will see profile options, click it. A drop down will give you five options. Click on the first one that says ,"Find members posts".

That will take you to all your posts. Find the post your trailing. CLick the thread title upper left of post. There you are right where your post is with all the comments of the thread it was moved to.

It only takes a couple seconds and is a easy way to find your post in a thread.

Not only that, this only happens when something blows up and everyone thinks they need their own thread.

Yes, when threads pop up that have different topics but are related, they are left alone. But topics with different titles that are simply ranting about Callahan, Cosgrove or God knows what belong in the same thread.