Why Would We Have to Rebuild Again?

For me you can forget playcalling, execution, preparedness, second half adjustments, fundamentals what I would like to see from this staff is the killer instinct, and that attitude comes from the coaching staff and their philosphies.

We let KU, OSU, and A&M get back into the game and on one occassion it bit us in the but, and the other two dang near did.

Swaager is one of those intangibles that is way underated, and if you don't have it, it can actually be the problem that lends itself to some of the issues the team has

I think before talk of Callahan being fired should even be brought up, there should be some coaching staff changes IMO. I think Callahan should consider giving up the play-calling duties and hire an OC who actually makes the calls. Or allow Norvell to make the calls.

BINGO! He should not be calling the plays.

I have a hard time believing anyone would want anyone fired yet. This staff is still rebuilding and learning as they go on what type players they have and if the ones they are bring in are really what they thought they were getting. No one gets it right on every player, there will be busts and a few bad decisions. I don't think we will win the N/C next year, it would be nice. Give me 10 or 11 wins, a BCS game next year and keep the program moving back to where it once was "A team that has a chance to win every game we play". I don't need a N/C every year just a team that competes.

GBR!!!

bringing in another head coach that can run the wco would and wouldnt be a problem but it doesnt just come done to just being able to coach it, it also comes to being comfortable with the coach's style personality, etc.. they are comfortable with B.C. right know to get rid of him would be really bad for the team fans all of the big red nation what would that look like to players we try to recruit if they look at that by time they are juniors or soph. that they could have a new coach when B.C. got hired most of us fans we're saying give him 5 yrs if he hasnt moved us to a top 10 and up for a National title get rid of 'em next year he will have his 4th year of recruiting under him why some of the big red nation are even discussing this i have no clue its pointless GO BIG RED!!!

I am just baffled when people say he needs to give up the play calling. BILL CALLAHAN IS AN OFFENSIVE GENIOUS!!!! He was the OC on a Super Bowl team and the number one offense in the leauge. Once again i know its different but give him some freakin time to adapt!! NOBODY ON HERE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE GAME, WHAT DEFENSE IS BEING RUN, OR HOW TO COUNTER ANY DEFENSE THAT IS THROWN AT HIM, HE DOES!!!! I totally without a question trust his judgement when it comes to playcalling. With that said he has had some bad calls and will continue to have SOME bad calls. Overall he is what we need. As for that killer instinct i think that is just our overall attitude as well. I think it is more on defense. Rudd and Shanle look like theyre reaching to grab flags to tackle them. As far as our Linebackers and DBs the only people that show any hitting ability are Brandenburgh, Jones, and occasionally Bradley, I also think Octavian could lay someone out if given the opportunity. Next year however with Bowman back, Murillo, Jones coming back, and our prize head hunter of them all, Asante, along with Culbert and Thenarse we will have a whole new mentality and swagger to our team.

I am just baffled when people say he needs to give up the play calling. BILL CALLAHAN IS AN OFFENSIVE GENIOUS!!!! He was the OC on a Super Bowl team and the number one offense in the leauge. Once again i know its different but give him some freakin time to adapt!! NOBODY ON HERE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE GAME, WHAT DEFENSE IS BEING RUN, OR HOW TO COUNTER ANY DEFENSE THAT IS THROWN AT HIM, HE DOES!!!! I totally without a question trust his judgement when it comes to playcalling. With that said he has had some bad calls and will continue to have SOME bad calls. Overall he is what we need. As for that killer instinct i think that is just our overall attitude as well. I think it is more on defense. Rudd and Shanle look like theyre reaching to grab flags to tackle them. As far as our Linebackers and DBs the only people that show any hitting ability are Brandenburgh, Jones, and occasionally Bradley, I also think Octavian could lay someone out if given the opportunity. Next year however with Bowman back, Murillo, Jones coming back, and our prize head hunter of them all, Asante, along with Culbert and Thenarse we will have a whole new mentality and swagger to our team.

agree 1000% it could be worse COZ could be calling the O's plays? :wacko: