Shameless Worship of Cornhusker Fans

In 1997 Nebraska beat five teams that finished in the top 20, Michigan only beat three. Nebraska beat Payton Manning (who should have won the Heisman) soundly, and Michigan squeaked by Cryin Ryan Leaf. And by the way, Nebraska was ranked number one before ESPN went on a “lets get Michigan a national title” campaign. We won all of our games, but early in the season ESPN successfully influenced the media to jump Michigan over Nebraska in the polls. All the coaches were doing at the end of the season was putting things back the way they should have been. The only sad part is that ESPN was able to get Michigan half of OUR title. Nebraska should have been unanimous number one!

And yes, in 1994 Penn State was undefeated and wanted a share of the national title, but considering that they were the top offensive team in the country but were ranked something like 40th on defense, while we (Nebraska) was top five offensively, and top five defensively, AND we beat the number one defensive team in the nation…It was pretty clear we were the best team that year too. If we could score 24 on Miami and totally physically dominate them as we did…what would we have done to the number 40 defense in the nation? Most likely something like 50-60 points and a 1995ish Florida type ass whipping. Okay, end of rant.

I saw in that article above that Husker fans are "loud". I gotta say, we aren't that loud. Memorial Stadium could be a much more intimidating place than it is.

The guy who wrote that article witnessed the Alamo bowl against Michigan, meaning all of the Husker faithful were enclosed in venue that holds sound in, making it much louder than it would be in a conventional outdoor stadium. The reason Memorial Stadium is quieter than others is that the design of the stadium does not allow sound to be kept in. Even stadiums like Wisconsin's Camp Randall and Ohio State's Horse Shoe is that they have sides that have large, tiered seating that to some extent keep crowd noise bottled up. Our end zone stands are what kills this chance for us. Instead of building up, they built it out, which is why a lot of the noise escapes.

Another example of this is the Big House of michigan. Sure, it holds 110,000. But because the stadium just goes out forever instead of up, Wisconsin's 80,000 are louder.

first bringin anger to my mind when talking about violent players as a broad subject but no one here is proud of what LP did. what a waste of talent. He could have been a somebody and turned out a nobody. everyone in the nebraska program did all they could to help him but it was inevitable. after that being said i do enjoy seeing the praises of other school colors appreciating our kind existance. we are not harsh people and as a 22 yr old male i love the atmosphere.(intoxicated or not) I just love seeing 80,000 people coming together for one purpose! to watch the huskers pull out a victory. As a young child my dad would bring me to the games and as many of you were brought into the world of the huskers im sure you will agree with me, i was in awe! the players up close huge monsterous men who play football!! All i my dreams as a kid were to play football at NEBRASKA! as time would tell im am not as athleticly gifted as those men out there on the field. now as a fan who loves the game and loves the huskers i appreciate what they do on the field and what all of husker nation does for this team! many travel hundreds of miles every friday night or saturday morning just to come watch a game with friends family and children. I just want to say that i am greatfull to be a fan of such a great traditional program! GBR!!!

first bringin anger to my mind when talking about violent players as a broad subject but no one here is proud of what LP did. what a waste of talent. He could have been a somebody and turned out a nobody. everyone in the nebraska program did all they could to help him but it was inevitable. after that being said i do enjoy seeing the praises of other school colors appreciating our kind existance. we are not harsh people and as a 22 yr old male i love the atmosphere.(intoxicated or not) I just love seeing 80,000 people coming together for one purpose! to watch the huskers pull out a victory. As a young child my dad would bring me to the games and as many of you were brought into the world of the huskers im sure you will agree with me, i was in awe! the players up close huge monsterous men who play football!! All i my dreams as a kid were to play football at NEBRASKA! as time would tell im am not as athleticly gifted as those men out there on the field. now as a fan who loves the game and loves the huskers i appreciate what they do on the field and what all of husker nation does for this team! many travel hundreds of miles every friday night or saturday morning just to come watch a game with friends family and children. I just want to say that i am greatfull to be a fan of such a great traditional program! GBR!!!

I completely agree with that! :woo