How long is too long

to some extent, i agree, but Paul is highly rated and wideouts can sure have as great or greater impact than freshman running backs, IMHO.

there are a ton of freshman that play well at USC, so unless cally is making this damn thing harder than it should be, this kid should have a shot at breaking the lineup.....i hate to say this and not to start an argument, but damit, we have a bunch of average receivers.....who have yet to be feared by any defense....no one talks about them, fears them or even respects them.....Auburn crushed our guys and they got zero seperation....we need some fast, talented playmakers, not guys who can occasionally make a catch and hold on to the ball...we need break-away threats!

The way it sounds, is that we have a ton of young talent at the reciever position. Holt, Henry, and Brooks, all shined with Keller throwing them the ball this year on the scout team. Team those three up with Purify, Nunn, Swift, Peterson, and Paul. We should have plenty of weapons to spread across the field.

I see what you're saying. I hope so. But anyone can throw the football wearing shorts, or running routes in just a helmet and no shoulder pads. There is a lot of unknown out there. Until they get it done in games consistently, these new guys (including Keller) are only hopefulls. But I'm glad we got 'em.

to some extent, i agree, but Paul is highly rated and wideouts can sure have as great or greater impact than freshman running backs, IMHO.

there are a ton of freshman that play well at USC, so unless cally is making this damn thing harder than it should be, this kid should have a shot at breaking the lineup.....i hate to say this and not to start an argument, but damit, we have a bunch of average receivers.....who have yet to be feared by any defense....no one talks about them, fears them or even respects them.....Auburn crushed our guys and they got zero seperation....we need some fast, talented playmakers, not guys who can occasionally make a catch and hold on to the ball...we need break-away threats!

I think part of that problem was Zac's inability to throw the ball way out there to someone and just drop it over the defender. He always seemed to be zinging the passes in there when the receiver was facing him. I don't recall too many passes where he dropped it over the receivers head and caught him in mid-stride??

Skers...

It doesn't matter whos recruits are who. I always find that as a weak excuse. Too many coaches now days are being successful with others recruits so its done all the time. Besides Solich and his staff did all the leg work on "Tom's" recruits so they were their recruits too. Now had Frankie came in from somewhere else you might have a point.

We gotta win this conference or we will be looking for another coach in a couple yrs I think. Sad but reality me thinks.

Link to Yahoo Article

In the above article, it points out that money to hire coaches who can win in two years is the new touchstone for successful collegiate coaches. They cite Stoops, Carrol, Tressle, Saban and now Zook as two year wonders.

I am not sure where the Husker program is headed but, perhaps naievly, I always thought that the year in and year out dominance, even without the MNCs, was due in large part to stability in the coaching staff. How long will Pederson give BC? How long can he givehim before his own head is chopped?

What does anyone think about this new: Win in Two or Leave" trend. It's gotten so bad it seems that Saban, who won it for LSU, is now jumping ship to The Tide. LSU apparently couldn't keep him for the money.

Are the days of the dynasty over? Can true dominance last, or ever even be developed again, in the current atmosphere of quick change coaching. We've witnesses that it take a few years to change stride in collegiate sports. Where do we see this trend going at UNL?

Whatever happens, my blood will always be Husker Red, but I am uneasy about a return to the dominance of old.

:bonez

Stoops, Carrol, Tressle, Saban and now Zook as two year wonders.

Did any of those for take a option 80% running team to a west coast timing passing game a offense that loved to pitch the ball too an offense that is run pass or both whatever is working in that game. did any of those coaches have that kinda task on their shoulders? no freakin way. Stoops had alot of John Blakes players on his MNC team, Pete Carrol got put in a hot bed for star players "CALI", Tressle runs the pretty much same offense that tOSU has always ran maybe a lil change but nothing too big to mention, Saban got a gift be4 Saban LSU still could of been contenders if the coaching was better before Saban, and Zook didnt have to do a damn thing besides better play calling than the prev. coach and Zook wasnt even the first choice of UF's coaching hopes if i remember the wanted the 'OL BALL COACH himself all these coaches had no where close to the task Coach Callahan had to do and I for one am really pleased with the way he is bringing things on i hope we shock the ____ out of everyone this year!