NBA

admo

It's clearly a Mav's world at this point. Two 12 game winning streaks this year (one was 13). Are you kidding me? That is NOT an easy thing to do.

Dallas Mavericks: 31-8 record & 31-4 record since their 0-4 start.

Close: Phoenix 28-8

The Suns are 27-3 since their 1-5 start. However, of those early five losses were to: Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Lakers. Overall, they are 0-2 vs Dallas, 0-2 vs Utah, and 0-1 vs San Antonio. Not a spin, just a reality.

The ugly:

At 10-28, Philadelphia is only 7 1/2 games back of first place in the Atlantic (East)

The worst: Miami 17-19

I'm still bitter about the Mavs losing to Miami last year in the championship. Up 2-0 and the NBA crowns Dwayne Wade free throws every time he touches the ball on his way to becoming the face of the NBA. Didnt help that the Mavs owner (Cuban) was way too outspoken during the series as well.

Since then, Shaq has been missing, Wade has skipped a handful of games, and Riley is thining about hip surgory or something. Yah, the champs.

Anyone else follow NBA? Thoughts?

It's clearly a Mav's world at this point. Two 12 game winning streaks this year (one was 13). Are you kidding me? That is NOT an easy thing to do.

Dallas Mavericks: 31-8 record & 31-4 record since their 0-4 start.

Close: Phoenix 28-8

The Suns are 27-3 since their 1-5 start. However, of those early five losses were to: Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Lakers. Overall, they are 0-2 vs Dallas, 0-2 vs Utah, and 0-1 vs San Antonio. Not a spin, just a reality.

The ugly:

At 10-28, Philadelphia is only 7 1/2 games back of first place in the Atlantic (East)

The worst: Miami 17-19

I'm still bitter about the Mavs losing to Miami last year in the championship. Up 2-0 and the NBA crowns Dwayne Wade free throws every time he touches the ball on his way to becoming the face of the NBA. Didnt help that the Mavs owner (Cuban) was way too outspoken during the series as well.

Since then, Shaq has been missing, Wade has skipped a handful of games, and Riley is thining about hip surgory or something. Yah, the champs.

Anyone else follow NBA? Thoughts?

That 1-5 start - and the teams to which they lost - might be a bit misleading since they didn't have Stroudmire (sic) back or at full strength. They could end up giving Dallas a real run, except for the fact that in the playoffs size helps (as Riley told the Lakers one season, "No rebounds, no rings", and the Suns lack any real rebounding except, ironically, at the off-guard position).

But at the moment, it's Dallas all the way - until the Suns beat them, it's not even close...

Just kinda of follow the nets and hawks where Miki Morre and Lue play.

Does anyone know what team the polish rifle is playing for this year?

Yep. Mikki is having a HUGE year after 10 years (god is it that long?) in the league. Injuries have put him into the starting lineup and he is averaging over 30 minutes per game, over 15 pts, 8 Rebs and 1 block per game. He's shooting something like 70% from the field?!?!?!

T. Lue is still doing pretty good himself, but is having major problems with groin/hamstring. Hasn't played past few weeks.

Overall view: West is very good - East is very bad. I think that the Suns are going to be very hard to deal with if they (Stoudemire) can stay healthy.

PS - Piatkowski is on the active roster for the Suns, but I don't think he's seeing the floor much....if at all.

If the Bulls could just get a low post scorer, they could easily run away with the East. However, getting a low post scorer is easier said than done. They play so hard on defense that they will stay in every game but they shoot so many jumpshoots that if they are not falling they could lose any and every game. It gets frustrating to watch at times.