How would you grade the recruiting class?

Grade the 2007 Class  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all, we needed a true lockdown corner and we haven't been able to get a HS corner who can man one side for three years. Ross could have been that guy. The only good corners we can get are JC guys, meaning we don't have a lot of continuity at that position. Ross could have been a cornerstone-type player.

Here's one for you. Grixby was the #4 and #5 rated CB coming out of High School. Ross was the #18 and #19 rated CB. My point is we got one of the highest rated CB in High School in 04 and some folks around here can't stand him. There was no guarantee that Ross would have been the man. It would have been nice to get him but he did not make or break this class.

I give the class an A-.

well, whoever rated Grixby that high was obviously oblivious to his lack of size, it justs kills him as a db.

I'd say B+.

Paul, Castille and Lee should be the stars of the offense and Burkes will greatly solidify the O-Line.

I think Stafford, Lawrence and Asante will have great futures for the Blackshirts. I still think Crick may develop into a monster and Moore may have been a steal.

The Prince will bolster special teams to make that a solid part of the game again. Should greatly improve field position and may even be a scoring threat.

Obviously we won't know for perhaps a few years, but if it makes you feel any better, it was reported by Tom Lemming that Lewis was not that impressive in that All-American all-star game, and that includes the practices before the game. So it's very possible -- not for sure -- that he is overated. It hurt me nore when it appeared at the last moment that Love was coming our way and he didn't.

Losing Ross did hurt, but it appeared we did a very good job at recruiting DBs. So I don't feel as bad about losing Lewis and even Ross as losing Love. But that's me, and what the hell do I really know anyway. :lol:

I gave this class an A-. At first I was pretty upset with the loss of Ross and Lewis, and while it hurts to lose them I looked past a couple of players that could possibly step in for them. I definatley overlooked Eric Hagg, he is being recruited as an athlete and he is 6'1 200 lbs. He could very easily step in for Ross and maybe be better. We already have Paul and Gillylan at the WR spot so I dont see any reason to at least give him a chance to play DB. I also think with Mendoza and Castille along with Okafor coming in next year Helu will be given a shot at linebacker, filling the spot that Lewis left. Helu is about 215 lbs and runs a 4.42 forty. It is reasonable to think he can get up to about 230 and keep very close to the same speed. With that said we also got two very good o-linemen, stockpiled the defensive secondary, got two good looking prospects at QB, two great looking WRs, another threat at TE, two running backs that compliment each other perfectly, and two more fantastic looking LBs. We got four high school d-line prospects and I think Yancy is a star in the making. The only thing that I am worried about is the lack of high school depth at DT. This is an issue to keep an eye on. With that said I think this class will turn out to be the best Callahan has got yet!