Doak Ostergaard

i disagree, although this guy may be a pain in the ass, i doubt he has anything whatsoever to do with Lucky's, Wilson's, Herian's or Glenn's

injury rehab. that is a wild stretch in my opinion. there are folks with a much higher expertise in the medical field dealing with these injuries than Doak.

Yeah, pretty fuggin ridiculous to speculate like this, huh? There is no limits to what it can pertain to. Lucky's hush hush hospital stay, Doak's resignation, the loch ness monster, sasquatch, etc. Thanks for helping prove my point Hunter.

Doak was interviewed on the radio today and said that his immediate boss did not fire him and, Pederson did not fire him, Callahan who is not his boss, did. He also said that he has not been given a reason why.

Doak did mention that is was pretty ironic that he was the guy who on the recommendation of Adam Treu and John Parrella recommended Callahan for the job, and Callahan stabbed him in the back.

I guess Cally and Stevie are cut from the same low-integrity cloth. What a sad day to be a Husker.

I guess Cally and Stevie are cut from the same low-integrity cloth. What a sad day to be a Husker.

Wow :asshat

The only sad part of it is that you claim to be a Husker fan.

Quick somebody name the trainer from ANY OTHER program in the country. Come on, I'll give you 20 seconds. You can't, you want to know why? Because in the grand scheme of things they aren't that important. People are fired all the time. What I find really sleezy on ol' Doak's part is that he was allowed to stay on as long as he did so he could attain all of his retirement benefits and then he goes on radio shows and bashed the administration. Sour grapes is what is spewing from Doak's mouth and luckily, since this is such a none story it will be completely forgotten in a couple of weeks. Those that use this as some kind of proof of the evil ways of BC and or SP are really starting to grasp at straws.

Quick somebody name the trainer from ANY OTHER program in the country. Come on, I'll give you 20 seconds. You can't, you want to know why? Because in the grand scheme of things they aren't that important. People are fired all the time. What I find really sleezy on ol' Doak's part is that he was allowed to stay on as long as he did so he could attain all of his retirement benefits and then he goes on radio shows and bashed the administration. Sour grapes is what is spewing from Doak's mouth and luckily, since this is such a none story it will be completely forgotten in a couple of weeks. Those that use this as some kind of proof of the evil ways of BC and or SP are really starting to grasp at straws.

Is Doak not a human being? Does he not deserve the respect of any person who has poured this much of his life into a passion for so little recognition or praise.

Ask any former player (from the golden days) about Doak and his influence on their lives. If you had any knowledge of NU football you would understand what he meant to the program.

What is said is that you are impersonating a Husker fan. Even more sad is that you eat the bulls&!t that Pederson feeds you.

Is Doak not a human being? Does he not deserve the respect of any person who has poured this much of his life into a passion for so little recognition or praise.

Ask any former player (from the golden days) about Doak and his influence on their lives. If you had any knowledge of NU football you would understand what he meant to the program.

What is said is that you are impersonating a Husker fan. Even more sad is that you eat the bulls&!t that Pederson feeds you.

You know what I'm done even arguing with you. you are obviously not a fan of this program. You may have been at one time but you have made it very clear that you are no longer a fan.....perhaps we could call you a "formerfan" <_<

Anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of former players that liked Doak, but I can assure you not EVERY former player did (you like to make blanket statements because it makes your arguments look better, too bad blaket statements are almost never right) And there are quite a few current players that are not sad to see Doak leave. You can believe what you want but I know for a fact that there are people on both sides of the issue. Unlike you who seem to believe everyone except BC and SP loved Doak, that was simply not the case.

Doak needs to stop his whining and get on with his life. He gave a lot to the university and he is only hurting himself by making all this fuss. But like I said, I'm done with you. You have made up your mind and that's fine with me, but please don't pretend to be a fan of THIS team, because you certainly are not.

Doak was interviewed on the radio today and said that his immediate boss did not fire him and, Pederson did not fire him, Callahan who is not his boss, did. He also said that he has not been given a reason why.

Doak did mention that is was pretty ironic that he was the guy who on the recommendation of Adam Treu and John Parrella recommended Callahan for the job, and Callahan stabbed him in the back.

If Doak was fired by Callahan, then why did Doak resign? Doesn't firing someone kind of supercede their resignation? I also find it hard to believe that Doak was the reason Callahan got the job. It's not like Callahan took a team to the f'ing SUPER BOWL JUST 1 YEAR BEFORE? I MEAN WHO PAYS ATTENTION TO THE SUPER BOWL?!?!?! :sarcasm

I guess what I am trying to say is that Callahan already had his name out there so to speak. Doak needs to put a lid on it. :thumbs

If Doak was fired by Callahan, then why did Doak resign? Doesn't firing someone kind of supercede their resignation? I also find it hard to believe that Doak was the reason Callahan got the job. It's not like Callahan took a team to the f'ing SUPER BOWL JUST 1 YEAR BEFORE? I MEAN WHO PAYS ATTENTION TO THE SUPER BOWL?!?!?! :sarcasm

I guess what I am trying to say is that Callahan already had his name out there so to speak. Doak needs to put a lid on it. :thumbs

This is the first I have heard about Doak "resigning." If he did turn in a letter of resignation it came after Callahan told him that his services were no longer needed. Essentially it would have been a "resignation" much like Dan McCarney- "We are going in a different direction, either you can resign or get fired, your choice."

Doak needs to speak about it. We as taxpayers need to know what is going on where our taxdollars are concerned and he is the only one speakin about it. We have got the typical "no comment" from the university.

I just read this in the Lincoln World Independent. The reason Doak was told his services were no longer needed or fired (which ever you prefer) was because he was the cause of the infection in Kenny Wilson's knee. He gave a Cortizone shot into the knee, which caused the infection.

not really

i just thought it would be fun to speculate or start rumors

This is the first I have heard about Doak "resigning." If he did turn in a letter of resignation it came after Callahan told him that his services were no longer needed. Essentially it would have been a "resignation" much like Dan McCarney- "We are going in a different direction, either you can resign or get fired, your choice."

Doak needs to speak about it. We as taxpayers need to know what is going on where our taxdollars are concerned and he is the only one speakin about it. We have got the typical "no comment" from the university.

I thought the athletic dept. took care of itself without taxpayer dollars.

He says that he was told his services were no longer needed, then resigned A WEEK later. I still don't know what to make of him or this situation, but the more he talks the bigger :asshat he becomes. Especially the University not confirming or denying anything he has said, just acknowledging that he has resigned.

Doak should keep his mouth shut about sh#t that makes him look like a moron. Saying that he is responsible for Callahan getting hired is ludicrous.

I thought the athletic dept. took care of itself without taxpayer dollars.

Kinda what I thought, but it creates less intrigue this way. I guess its the same thing as thinking you can tell a cop what to do because you "pay his salary" through tax dollars.

I guess its the same thing as thinking you can tell a cop what to do because you "pay his salary" through tax dollars.

You can't do that? Huh. Damnit. I'll have to come up with another story after nights of partying with the huskerboard faithful....

I just read this in the Lincoln World Independent. The reason Doak was told his services were no longer needed or fired (which ever you prefer) was because he was the cause of the infection in Kenny Wilson's knee. He gave a Cortizone shot into the knee, which caused the infection.

not really

i just thought it would be fun to speculate or start rumors

You almost got me. ;)