LB Rey Maualuga

On a good note Rey has dropped Oklahoma from contention.  He is down to four.

On a bad note Rey considered his Husker visit perfect that including the tradition, stadium and football.  Nu's one downfall.......no social life.  or "not much to do there."  NU is still on his list of four.  But consider USC and Oregon his number ones and NU on the outside looking in.

Not much to do? How about do well in college and play football? I imagine that would consume most of ones time.

Lincoln has plenty to do compared to the small town I'm from. :)

probs not alot for a big bad california boy though.

What's up with the 40 time? Is it 4.5 or 4.72? IMO, that is a lot of difference. That's the difference between making the tackle or being juked out of your shorts. I'm assuming he's really good being the #3 LB in the country, but if 4.72 is as fast as he gets let USC have him. Terrel Farley ran in the high 4.3's. This is the kind of LB we need. I'll take a 200 lb. super fast LB over a big slower LB anyday.

Another note. Peterson went to OU because A) they have an outstanding line to run behind and B) Stoops promised they would run more like they are doing. If OU wins out and Peterson wins the Heisman, what else is there to play for? I would bet money if Claurett would have won his court case Peterson would be playing in the NFL next year. National Championships are nice and all, but millions of $$$$$$$$$$ are a lot better. Of course any young stud entering college is dreaming of the millions rather than the college championships.

What's up with the 40 time? Is it 4.5 or 4.72? IMO, that is a lot of difference. That's the difference between making the tackle or being juked out of your shorts. I'm assuming he's really good being the #3 LB in the country, but if 4.72 is as fast as he gets let USC have him. Terrel Farley ran in the high 4.3's. This is the kind of LB we need. I'll take a 200 lb. super fast LB over a big slower LB anyday.

Another note. Peterson went to OU because A) they have an outstanding line to run behind and B) Stoops promised they would run more like they are doing. If OU wins out and Peterson wins the Heisman, what else is there to play for? I would bet money if Claurett would have won his court case Peterson would be playing in the NFL next year. National Championships are nice and all, but millions of $$$$$$$$$$ are a lot better. Of course any young stud entering college is dreaming of the millions rather than the college championships.

What's up with the 40 time?  Is it 4.5 or 4.72?

Your right, that's a huge difference, but that's what the two major recruiting services have in their notes. I tend to believe what Rivals displays, which was 4.72.

Terrel Farley ran in the high 4.3's. 

I highly doubt Farley ran in the 4.3's, there is not a single player on the NU roster that can run that. Fluellen is fast, but can't do that. So is Green, he's in the low 4.4 range.

• 3 weeks later...

Husker coaches will be making an at-home visit some time this week for a last ditched effort to lure Maualuga.

There is little to no chance of getting this guy. He hates nebraska and it's social life. He's in it for the parties and the girls.

A kid looking at colleges where he can party and get some tail, like that's something new. Where do you get your information from?

Husker coaches will be making an at-home visit some time this week for a last ditched effort to lure Maualuga.

There is little to no chance of getting this guy. He hates nebraska and it's social life. He's in it for the parties and the girls.

A kid looking at colleges where he can party and get some tail, like that's something new. Where do you get your information from?

he said it in a interview.

he said it in a interview.

I don't believe he is going to have much of a night life if he chooses Oregon.

• 1 month later...