Zac Taylor

zoogs

Get a collection of pictures of several athletes while they are competing and I'm sure you'll find numerous strange faces in the mix.
True, but what cracks me up about him is it's the SAME in every single shot!!! :)

it's freakin' classic.

post-340-1172570254.jpegpost-33-1151204047.jpg

the pic on the left was just recently taken; the right one is like two or three years old.

same face, same poise. heck, look at his left had fer pete's sake...

you can't make comedy like this, folks. it's a goldmine.

I think he has a brother and possibly a parent who is/are deaf.

He has a sister with Downs Syndrome. His father played DB for Oklahoma in the 70's and I believe his mother was an athlete as well.

and his brother played QB in high school also and was not highly recruited, and ended up going to JUCO i think

Get a collection of pictures of several athletes while they are competing and I'm sure you'll find numerous strange faces in the mix.
True, but what cracks me up about him is it's the SAME in every single shot!!! :)

it's freakin' classic.

post-340-1172570254.jpegpost-33-1151204047.jpg

the pic on the left was just recently taken; the right one is like two or three years old.

same face, same poise. heck, look at his left had fer pete's sake...

you can't make comedy like this, folks. it's a goldmine.

Hmmmm.....

When I was taught to throw footballs and baseballs quite a few decades ago, especially as hard as ZT seems to be intending to throw those passes, aren't you supposed to point your off hand where you are going to throw it? I realize that was a long time ago and things have changed a lot but the physics of the human overhand throwing motion seem to indicate a counter balance with the off arm.

Hmmmmm......

:corndance

in both of the pictures especially the SI pic, I think the reason he doesn't have his arm in front of him is because it is pretty late in his throwing motion. If he had his arm pointed out at the moment the SI pic was taken it would be tough to put much velocity on the ball. I think some qb's also point with their elbows instead of the hand.

Hope he can make a career at the next level......

in both of the pictures especially the SI pic, I think the reason he doesn't have his arm in front of him is because it is pretty late in his throwing motion. If he had his arm pointed out at the moment the SI pic was taken it would be tough to put much velocity on the ball. I think some qb's also point with their elbows instead of the hand.

Hope he can make a career at the next level......

Yeah, you are right. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. As you throw, you pull the leading arm back.

Is it obvious that I spent way too many year teaching kids how to throw?

I do hope he can make it somewher ein the pro game.

Keeps his elbow nice and high. Appears to me in the pics posted, he now even gets it (elbow) higher than a few yrs ago. His throwing motion isn't all that bad. He tends to bend at the waist on his follow thru like a baseball player. Puts a little more body in it than most QBs. They like QBs to stand tall and deliver tall. Baseball its start tall and finish small.

One thing I notice at end of yr is he lost some zip. Throwing too much in practice is my feeling. He really threw well though at the combines. Looked much stronger than say the Auburn or OU game. I seen a 30yd out he hit on the money that other QBs had been having problems with earlier. The scouts and coaches in attendance oooowed and gave him a applause for the throw. He probably threw more accurate passes than most at the camp. I think the time away gave his arm much needed rest. From what I heard, while at NU he would be throwing over a hundy balls a day a lot. Arm wears down after a few months of that.