Can Ganz be THE MAN?

Well, you have more first hand info than I do but your description brings to mind more than a few stand outs who didn't seem to have it. Take Joe Montana for instance.

Don't tell me you just compared Joe Ganz to Joe Montana?

I applaud the kid, but I just don't think he has the talent to be truely great.

I am not comparing him to anyone. I am just looking at your description as saying that it fits some other great QBs. The book on Joe M was that he sucked in college. Almost didn't make the pros. That's my understanding.

Ganz not the man. He won't be the starter his senior year. There's enough talent around that Callacan't won't play Ganz for one year and not develop Witt or Lee. Whatcha think, Solich is coaching QBs??

I respectfully disagree. I think it'll be a tight race between Ganz and Lee, and I think Ganz will win out. 4 years in the system compared to Lee's 1 and a half... I know physical ability can make up for alot, but I just think that Ganz's experience will give him the advantage. That's not to say that Lee and/or Witt won't see valuable playing time, but I think Ganz will be the starter.

Seriously, I think he's just too young to really be the starter or even a backup consider the current depth.

Colt McCoy.

does Witt have the tools *be* the same caliber that early? dunno.

but that's what spring training and the 'red/white' game is all about.

actually, looking at the 2k6 whorne roster, QB was a *very* rich position...

link

Jevan Snead QB 6-3 215 Fr. San Angelo, TX

Colt McCoy QB 6-3 205 Fr. Hobbs, NM

Matthew McCoy QB 6-3 200 Sr. Dallas, TX

Freddy Torres QB 6-1 190 So. Pecos, TX

Will Buchanan QB 6-1 180 So. Austin, TX

Gilbert Zepeda QB 6-0 205 Jr. West Texas City, TX

Sherrod Harris QB 6-3 212 Fr. Arlington, TX

Adair Fragoso QB 5-11 210 Sr. El Paso, TX

Trevor Walker QB 6-2 195 Fr. Mount Pleasant, TX

i have no idea how they *really* broke down in talent, but all i heard last year was "Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead" alternating with "Jevan Snead and Colt McCoy".

Seriously, I think he's just too young to really be the starter or even a backup consider the current depth.

Colt McCoy.

does Witt have the tools *be* the same caliber that early? dunno.

but that's what spring training and the 'red/white' game is all about.

sorry, don't think there is any similarity between the two of them, Witt was never that good in high school.

link

i have no idea how they *really* broke down in talent, but all i heard last year was "Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead" alternating with "Jevan Snead and Colt McCoy".

Anyone know if the two McCoy's are brothers?

yes, they are.

matt was born first, but tragically was carried off by dingos and soon afterward became a member of the pack. living as a feral wild boy on the plains of west texas, he learned how to fend for himself, how to hunt and how to run a spread option offense.

after losing matt to the dingos, the McCoys decided to be more careful with their second newborn. they moved to new mexico and hired the cast of the A-Team to act as personal bodyguards for the young lad. yes, the A-Team wasn't real but the McCoys were simple folk and just didn't know any better. george peppard is said to have been the one to inspire young colt to develop into pro-style qb. the association between A-Team and the McCoys was severed when it looked like young colt was imitating Mr. T too much. The A-Team "pitied da' fools!" and then moved on.

years later, both brothers would meet again at the Univeristy of Texas under mack brown to compete for starting qb honors.

what?

link

Anyone know if the two McCoy's are brothers?

yes, they are.

matt was born first, but tragically was carried off by dingos and soon afterward became a member of the pack. living as a feral wild boy on the plains of west texas, he learned how to fend for himself, how to hunt and how to run a spread option offense.

after losing matt to the dingos, the McCoys decided to be more careful with their second newborn. they moved to new mexico and hired the cast of the A-Team to act as personal bodyguards for the young lad. yes, the A-Team wasn't real but the McCoys were simple folk and just didn't know any better. george peppard is said to have been the one to inspire young colt to develop into pro-style qb. the association between A-Team and the McCoys was severed when it looked like young colt was imitating Mr. T too much. The A-Team "pitied da' fools!" and then moved on.

years later, both brothers would meet again at the Univeristy of Texas under mack brown to compete for starting qb honors.

what?

That would explain it...