Can Ganz be THE MAN?

Where are you getting that Ganz won't be able to win the starter job from Lee in 08 and how is that going to dictate who sees playing time in 07? Not being argumentative, just trying to follow your logic.

Better yet, let's see what happens in at least the 07 Spring game before we go looking into 08.

I don't think Ganz has the arm. He's not a deep threat. Although of all the QB's we have now he probably does have the best wheels, which is definately an advantage. But we need a deep threat for our offense to be effective. Lee has talent and a NFL bloodline.

As far as my comments about our starter in 2008 and playing time in 2007 go, I don't think Ganz has it in him to beat out Lee for the starters job. So let's just get the best backup on the playing field now. Ganz certainly has an advantage over Lee now, especially with Lee just getting off crutches. But the backup playing time should go to the QB with the most talent. Ganz has peaked. So we need Lee on the field as soon as possible. Of course he has to heal, learn the playbook, and actually get on the field and earn his position on the depth chart. Nothing will be given to him. And we have all seen too many QB's here come and go leaving nothing but hype on the field. So at this point as far as Lee goes it's all speculation. But with his bloodlines and track record so far he seems to be the real deal and we are very fortunate to have him. But in the end I don't think it really matters who the backup will be because he isn't going to see meaningfull playing time anyway. Sam is new to the system. As good as Sam is Callahan knows with a new QB at the helm he needs every snap he can get not only to get through our tough non-conference schedule but to get through our tougher conference games. So unless we open up a huge lead against an opponent any playing time our backup gets will only be a token amount anyway.

Callahan shouldn't have to worry about putting Ganz in if he has to protect a lead or just do some mop up time. If he knows the offense as well as everyone is saying than he should be able to run it in a "don't destruct mode" if need be. I hope he gets a lot of playing time, the more game type experience the better if Keller needs a break from fatigue or injury.

GBR!!!

All we hear about is Lee and Ganz for the backup job. Am I the only one who think that Witt will compete quite well for the backup job?

You might be.

Just thought Id ask. Im gonna go back to my padded room now :lol:

:lol:

Seriously, I think he's just too young to really be the starter or even a backup consider the current depth. Unless something catastrophic happens, he'd be better off not playing this year.

But hey, who knows. He could be some genius and figure out the offense well enough to start in spring and fall ball. :)

All we hear about is Lee and Ganz for the backup job. Am I the only one who think that Witt will compete quite well for the backup job?

You might be.

Seriously, I think he's just too young to really be the starter or even a backup consider the current depth. Unless something catastrophic happens, he'd be better off not playing this year.

But hey, who knows. He could be some genius and figure out the offense well enough to start in spring and fall ball. :)

He is supposed to be very smart but I don't see him ready compete even if he does have the playbook memorized. A redshirt year will do wonders getting him bigger and stronger while honing his skills.

You might be.

He is supposed to be very smart but I don't see him ready compete even if he does have the playbook memorized. A redshirt year will do wonders getting him bigger and stronger while honing his skills.

I think a redshirt year would be the best for him but I was just curious. I read an article saying he was suppose to be the best true freshman since, and better then, Curt Dukes. Thats not saying much for maturity but in physical preparedness.