Nebraska VS. USC

YO WHATS UP HUSKER NATION,

A few guys And myself have Husker football chat's at work almost daily, and we all Agree that we think this is the year the Huskers will shine. I was wondering how everyone thinks we will line up with USC, because honestly i think they are a bigger threat to us then Texas. I honestly think with our Core of talent on offense, and with Bowman being back on defense we will Beat USC, For a couple of reason's. 1. I understand it is a night game from what I have heard, the Sea of Red is Always juiced up on football Saturday, but night games seem a lot louder for some reason and it is a home game which is big help for US. 2nd USC Doesn't have the Star receivers like they have had the last few years or Running backs for that matter. And 3rd (I am going to step out on a Limb here) with Keller Probably at the Helm I think it opens up A whole new era of the play book that we have not seen yet. I look for our receivers to have a huge day, since i,m sure with Keller's arm strength that we will throw more this year. And I think Our Defense will be a lot more effective this year with the return of Bowman. I am asking for everyone's opinion because a lot of members in my family ( they are bandwagoner's I tell ya) have said that and I quote " WE don't stand a chance against USC They will come in to Lincoln and make us look like a bunch of fools" I have try'd to explain to them that is the First year Of ALL of Coach Callahan's recruits and that we have a lot of excelent players returning. but they Laugh at me :(

Any help from Husker Nation on how i can prove to them the Husker's are the real deal?

I think we have a chance because it is at home. But to think SC does not have quality recievers and running backs is a little on the crazy side. They still have boat loads more talent, an experienced QB. This team is every bit as strong as last years, you just don't know the names of the poison yet.

They will be ranked #1. That will be on returning talent. Currently it is the number 2 rated game of the year.

I just want a game where we line up to play to win.

It won't be an easy game, but I think we will win. I think we owe it to the team to be positive no matter who the opponent. Yes it's at night, and yes it's at memorial stadium, but the key to this game will be disrupting their offensive rhythm just like UCLA did to them last year. Lots of pressure towards Booty will do wonders for our momentum. Offensively, I think we need to stick with what works. I say pound the rock at 'em and win it in the 4th.

They don't have the WR talent of past years? I'm sure Patrick Turner, David Ausberry, Vidal Hazelton, Jamere Holland, etc., would STRONGLY disagree. The scary part about USC's WR corps this year, while they are not as tested, they are probably more talented and faster than they were in the past.

I'm going to be completely honest, we will have to bring our A+ game (our A or A- game won't do).

From top to bottom, this USC team is just complete stacked.

The thing that scares me most -- our defensive line played outstanding last year, while our defensive backs struggled. This year, the script should be flipped with USC's line being back and our defensive line being inexperienced.

We will need that fire in our belly from all 22 players to get it done.

They don't have the WR talent of past years? I'm sure Patrick Turner, David Ausberry, Vidal Hazelton, Jamere Holland, etc., would STRONGLY disagree. The scary part about USC's WR corps this year, while they are not as tested, they are probably more talented and faster than they were in the past.

I'm going to be completely honest, we will have to bring our A+ game (our A or A- game won't do).

The thing that scares me most -- our defensive line played outstanding last year, while our defensive backs struggled. This year, the script should be flipped with USC's line being back and our defensive line being inexperienced.

I agree. It will take a huge effort to knock them off.

a little dose of reality from big willie.