Husker Football Radio

I live in Southwest Iowa, and listen to Omaha radio....from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm there is a talk show called

"Unsportsmanlike Conduct" on 1620 am.......During the football season, NU football seems to be the most talked about topic, but they do talk about other "sports"....

It is fairly enjoyable to listen to......After that, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm , 1110 am has a husker talk show.... I don't get much of a chance to listen to it, but I know that during football season, it is almost all husker football....year -round on whatever sport is in season.

not just in the fall they mention husker football at least once a day, I also listen to them, I like them a lot. 1620 is the ESPN station in Omaha, that is the only sports talk radio station I listen to. All of the husker game baseball, football, and basketball are all on 1110 am, It is pennicle sport network for the games, but it is a news station other wise. Other sports station that I don't listen to very often but 1490 is decent.

I am the world's biggest husker fan (aren't we all), but I also am not afraid to tell it "like it is".....in other words, I don't wear the perverbial "big red blinders", but i will say that Matt Perault is a complete dumbass from the hicks of SEC country.....He thinks he knows it all, when he absolutely doesn't know sh!t......I am not saying this because he occassionally bashes NU...but the fact is, most of us know more about sports than this idiot....I have called him a few times to set the record straight...

Hell, Kugler and Severe, especially Severe bash the Huskers often also, but at least they don't come across arrogant and they are informed....Heck, Kugler even works nationally for westwood one radio...he was doing live broadcasts of the great 8......these guys are good and pretty humorous....don't waste your time with 590 am.

I am the world's biggest husker fan (aren't we all), but I also am not afraid to tell it "like it is".....in other words, I don't wear the perverbial "big red blinders", but i will say that Matt Perault is a complete dumbass from the hicks of SEC country.....He thinks he knows it all, when he absolutely doesn't know sh!t......I am not saying this because he occassionally bashes NU...but the fact is, most of us know more about sports than this idiot....I have called him a few times to set the record straight...

Hell, Kugler and Severe, especially Severe bash the Huskers often also, but at least they don't come across arrogant and they are informed....Heck, Kugler even works nationally for westwood one radio...he was doing live broadcasts of the great 8......these guys are good and pretty humorous....don't waste your time with 590 am.

heh im not defending him, because i disagree with a lot of stuff he says too, but i hate to inform you, not sayin youre not informed :blink: , but he is from boston.

590 from 11 to 2 is great :D i also like andrew siciliano and jt the brick. and if you go 2 miles west of omaha, you dont get 1620.

Yes, he is from Boston, and is the world's biggest Red Sox fan, but his last gig before coming to Omaha was in Alabama I believe, or somewhere in the SEC country.... I know he wasn't born there...but he is always referring to SEC..... I actually do believe some of the stuff he says, but he is not a "smart" talk show host...he spouts a lot of "wrong" info., and then will defend himself, without even realizing that he is completely wrong..

and if you go 2 miles west of omaha, you dont get 1620.

One of my good friends lives in Lincoln and I got him hooked on Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1620) almost every day. He said it gets staticky here and there, but it comes in for the most part. Hell, I get staticky sections in different parts of Omaha. Also, I believe after 5-6 pm, the station 'powers down' their signal...I may be completely off my rocker, but thought I heard that. Evidently the ESPN Radio affiliate in Lincoln, the local sports show in particular, sucks.

The station, probably at times, is a little overly Husker-football based, but let's face it....it appeals to the majority of listeners in their broadcast range.

One of my good friends lives in Lincoln and I got him hooked on Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1620) almost every day. He said it gets staticky here and there, but it comes in for the most part. Hell, I get staticky sections in different parts of Omaha. Also, I believe after 5-6 pm, the station 'powers down' their signal...I may be completely off my rocker, but thought I heard that. Evidently the ESPN Radio affiliate in Lincoln, the local sports show in particular, sucks.

The station, probably at times, is a little overly Husker-football based, but let's face it....it appeals to the majority of listeners in their broadcast range.

lucky him. that hasnt been my experience at all, and i know im not the only one.

590 am talks about husker football every once in a while too, but not everybody likes matt perault.

AMEN...on the not everybody likes Matt Perault. I happen to have some background info on this guy.. He used to be on the radio here in Huntsville , alabama and was ALWAYS saying that Alabama and Auburn was better than anyone in Big 12. He is OK but i'd be interested to hear if he has changed his tune on Nebraska, now that he works in Big 12 country

You can also listen online: 1620

plus you could get the stream at www.1620thezone.com