bowling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

yea... they get no respect. funny thing is, they can compete with anyone, but choke when it matters now that schools are developing programs. they take the mindset of their coach. Straub tells them that the best team doesn't shine in the way the NCAA run's it's finals, and well, they don't perform as well as they should.

I thought this was going to be about mo purify's 300 game.

hahah.. and i forgot about that.. i think i still have that print out signed from that game.. i should find it and scan it on.

NCAA has bowling?? :w00t

The women have it as a sanctioned sport. I believe the men are still a club sport (non-sanctioned).

The Husker program is one of the best in the nation, and have turned out some of the best amateur bowlers in the country.

Oh...guess my 97 avg wouldn't make the team...dammit. <_<

NCAA has bowling?? :w00t

The women have it as a sanctioned sport. I believe the men are still a club sport (non-sanctioned).

The Husker program is one of the best in the nation, and have turned out some of the best amateur bowlers in the country.

Title IX... Basically why bowling is an NCAA sport for women. And yes Nebraska does have a great program and Straub is one helluva coach, but honestly that is a little misleading because not so many schools had teams. Once bigger schools develop programs Nebraska will probably not compete as well as they are right now, but they won't be terrible, because they always have been good even back in the club days.