Tommy Lee

Benard

He is starting classes on Monday. He's in the Chem class right before me.

Really. Again, I know its Tommy Lee and he can do just about what he wants, but arent there some restrictions for starting classes after a certain point of time? I know this doesnt really matter, but to me this just seems so phony its pretty sickening. I could see if his intentions were genuine, but it obviously is just some PR scam. This is going to cause so much chaos around campus with people trying to get to his classes etc. - just a big distraction for the real students. Have you seen much commotion yet Rocket?

Gimmick or not, it gets our name out to the coasts, since the show will be on NBC, to hopefully get more students to attend UNL. Because if we don't have students, we don't have money for the fun things like football. As it looks, the tuition rates are dropping. So I think that as much of a gimmick as this might be, it will probably be worth it.

Gimmick or not, it gets our name out to the coasts, since the show will be on NBC, to hopefully get more students to attend UNL. Because if we don't have students, we don't have money for the fun things like football. As it looks, the tuition rates are dropping. So I think that as much of a gimmick as this might be, it will probably be worth it.

I agree completely.

So when will this be airing? And what is the story behind this anyway.. I read the LJS art but as usual got zero outta it...is Lee really a Husker fan? What made him choose UNL?

I'm not really sure about much else. I know he was walking around my dorm a couple days ago introducing himself to people. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those lucky people. :wtf

But I think the producers of the show are trying to keep things under wraps as much as possible b/c I know just about as much about it as you do. The only reason I know he's joining the band is b/c one of my friends is in the band.

I think people are going to have to be prepared for the fact that the University isn't going to come out looking very good here.

Seriously, Nebraska can't be random. I mean, look at what and who Tommy Lee is and then, look at Nebraska.

That's complete opposites in most anyone's book, so what this seems to be, at least to me is a show that will by the time it is all said and done, paint Nebraska as this hickvilled, bumpkin ride of rednecks and Tommy Lee is just trying to make his way through the corn.

I have a feeling that when this show ends, it won't be on great terms.

I think people are going to have to be prepared for the fact that the University isn't going to come out looking very good here.

Seriously, Nebraska can't be random. I mean, look at what and who Tommy Lee is and then, look at Nebraska.

That's complete opposites in most anyone's book, so what this seems to be, at least to me is a show that will by the time it is all said and done, paint Nebraska as this hickvilled, bumpkin ride of rednecks and Tommy Lee is just trying to make his way through the corn.

So kindof a paris hilton & the stix type show... yeh I could see them tryin to work that angle. IMO the key here is Lee's affiliation with NU. What are his motives... has he always be a Husker fan for some reason... was Nebraska HIS choice or NBCs?

B/c if it was NBCs, then its just the work of some unoriginal corporate PR hacks attempting to match the glam rock-star up with the anti-glam city for some type of opposites clash BS....and in that case we could become victims of lame reality TV ratings gimmicks. But if he has some previous allegiance to the U, then I dont see why he wouldnt want to make it look like fun. :wasted

So kindof a paris hilton & the stix type show... yeh I could see them tryin to work that angle. IMO the key here is Lee's affiliation with NU. What are his motives... has he always be a Husker fan for some reason... was Nebraska HIS choice or NBCs?

B/c if it was NBCs, then its just the work of some unoriginal corporate PR hacks attempting to match the glam rock-star up with the anti-glam city for some type of opposites clash BS....and in that case we could become victims of lame reality TV ratings gimmicks. But if he has some previous allegiance to the U, then I dont see why he wouldnt want to make it look like fun. :wasted

I'm sure it wasn't lee's. I'm guessing he hadn't even heard of nebraska.

What about the Universities sideof the story. Right now they are dealing with enrollment numbers dropping like a rock. A lot of students now a days are going the community college rout first and then going to a University. or a small college.

UNL might be gettting desperate. But when he is in the marching band (which he will make) the camera's will be on and everyone regardless of who they are will say holly crap that's a lot of people dressed in red. I beleive this "stunt" will help with out of state students coming to UNL>

Tommy Lee will go out on "O" Street and to the strip clubs and promote Lincoln for again the out of state students from New Jersey, New York, Mass. Florida, California, etc, and show Lincoln is not a bunch of hicks and cornfields. There are a lot of cool places to go to . Even if Tommy Lee says "WOW the girls in Lincoln are easy." A bunch of idiots from out of state will come to UNL. count on it. more out of state kids means more $$$ for the University

Heard this today, and immediately thought it was a reversal of the Amish in the City show from this summer.

Maybe we will see Tommy doing some regular Lincoln things like cruising the bars, hitting on the chicks, etc.

As for him playing and wearing a band uniform, have you looked at the drum line guys lately anywhere else? They look like Junior Tommys to me.

... hitting on the chicks...

he's got a record of hitting chicks, too.

look, i won't begrudge a guy for going to school and bettering himself. but if he's doing it just as a stunt and he cause more problems than he's possibly worth, i say kick his ass to the curb.