Dennis Wagner

I think DW is a very, very good recruiter. Having said that, 3 of the 4 commits are from Nebraska (and Hoch is close in IA) and that is one of Wags' areas. Since there are so few D-1 athletes in this area, he is probably a lead/partial recruiter on all of them. Also, I believe there was a piece out a few weeks ago that quoted one of the coaches as saying every recruit we go after has multiple coaches recruiting them. So even if their name isn't on rivals, there is a good chance that more than just coach Wags was recruting them.

Yeah but that was by design, Callahan more than likely knew Blake was leaving at the end of the year and therefore shifted him away from recruiting. But he was by far our best recruiter the previous year bringing in some of our top talent, he did bring in both Brandon Jackson and Marlon Lucky. as well as Ola, Jones and a few others. Even on limited recruiting he brought in Townsend and Barfield before he left.

Wags so far has done a great job this year bringing in some stud talent, however they are all home grown boys and most are also playing his specific position. I'd say he were up there with Watson or maybe even Busch if he had gotten a Missouri Kid or an Iowa kid away from the Irish and not a Nebraska kid, or if he can recruit a top player from another state that plays a position other than Offensive Line. Until than he's a solid recruiter for us but not a great one.... however if he pulls in the Missouri trio... than it's a brand new story.

• 4 weeks later...

according to rivals

dennis wagner recruiting

4* stars

niles paul

jaivorio burkes

zach lee (juco)

joseph townsend (juco)

3* stars

roy helu

marcel jones

austin stafford

4*stars

Carl Nicks (juco)

Maurice Purify (juco)

3*stars

Mike Smith

Victory Haines (juco)

4*stars

leon jackson

ndumakong suh

3*

jacob hickman

2*

brock pastuer

no stars

matt slauson

plus wags was the sole recruiter of all his kids exept for jaivorio burkes and marcel jones. to me that is very impress recruiting i think he is one of the most underated recruiters in the country he is just consistent