Spring Game Will Be Televised

S***!

Sounds like I need to invest in a DVR, finally. Otherwise, their goes a Saturday night.

BTW, here is the link ..

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...p;ATCLID=860081

Football fans throughout the United States will have an opportunity to watch Saturday’s Nebraska’s Red-White Game from Memorial Stadium. The Nebraska Athletic Department and NFL Network have reached an agreement for the game to be carried on a tape-delay basis on the network on Saturday evening at 8 p.m. CDT.

Greg Sharpe will call the play-by-play action for the NFL Network. Sharpe will be joined on the telecast by former Husker wide receiver Matt Davison. Nebraska Head Coach Bill Callahan will also join Sharpe in the booth for part of the telecast to provide insight into the Husker football program.

More at the link ...

This is AWESOME news. Obviously it's not as good as being on a heavily viewed network like ESPN, but the fact that I get to watch even a little bit of it brightens an otherwise crappy Minnesota day. While it's not surprising, it still pisses me off that ESPN will televise OU's spring game live, but then instead of doing the same for us, they choose to put women's billiards on. I really hate that network.

Spring Game to Be Carried Nationally on NFL Network

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

Release: 04/11/2007

Send this article to a friend Print

Nebraska's spring game will air at 8 p.m. Saturday evening on NFL Network.

View larger Nebraska's spring game will air at 8 p.m. Saturday evening on NFL Network.

Football fans throughout the United States will have an opportunity to watch Saturday’s Nebraska’s Red-White Game from Memorial Stadium. The Nebraska Athletic Department and NFL Network have reached an agreement for the game to be carried on a tape-delay basis on the network on Saturday evening at 8 p.m. CDT.

Greg Sharpe will call the play-by-play action for the NFL Network. Sharpe will be joined on the telecast by former Husker wide receiver Matt Davison. Nebraska Head Coach Bill Callahan will also join Sharpe in the booth for part of the telecast to provide insight into the Husker football program.

“We are excited that we are able to partner with the NFL Network and show football fans from coast to coast the passion for Nebraska football,” Nebraska Athletic Director Steve Pederson said. “This is a unique opportunity to showcase Nebraska on a network that is all football, all the time. We know it will be impressive for the nation to see a great crowd in Memorial Stadium for the Red-White Spring Game.”

The Nebraska Red-White game will be the first-ever spring game shown on NFL Network.

Last season, NFL Network aired its first college bowl games, carrying the Insight Bowl and the Texas Bowl last December and the Senior Bowl all-star game in January. In addition to the initial showing on Saturday evening on NFL Network, the game may be replayed in coming weeks.

“It is exciting for our 2007 team to be showcased on the NFL Network,” Callahan said. “We have a great group of talented players who have worked hard this spring and this will be an excellent opportunity to display their abilities. Fans and recruits across the country will also have a great chance to see our football program up close. The level of support and enthusiasm for our spring game the past three years has been second to none, and I am sure the country will be impressed by the atmosphere this weekend.”

Launched in November 2003, NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 yours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home. NFL Network is currently available in approximately 41 million homes, including DirecTV, Comcast Cable, Dish Network, Cox and others.

Husker fans planning to attend the game may purchase tickets on-line at Huskers.com. In addition the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office will be open until 8 p.m. on Friday to assist those wishing to buy tickets. The ticket office and several ticket-selling locations around Memorial Stadium will open at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, with gates opening at 11 a.m.

yea but you have to think that most of the people within a 500 mile radius of Memorial Stadium probly dont have NFL network anyways.....most people dont.....I think if it does impact game turnout, it will hardly be noticed

I, on the other hand, DO have NFL network. So I'm definitley spending at least part of Saturday night parked on my recliner.

I got to say....I don't like the idea. This shouldn't be shown within a 500 mile radius of Memorial Stadium. This will keep a lot of people home. << Not good for recruiting.

I dont think it will hurt at all... the fact that it is much later than the actual game will make people want to go early. The game has already sold around 25,000 tickets which would be good for about any other college in the nations spring game. The stadium will still have the look of being full except the very tops of it and people wont sit as tight but I still think 65-75,000 people will be there.