Looks to be some major tension amongst alumni football players

The current staff really has no ties to these players.

Do the players want to just sit around and jabber jaw with a staff they have no connection with? I could understand stopping by if you wanted to talk to an former coach or trainer of yours, but to just stop by unannouced and expect to be lauded by some sort of reception by people you have no connection with is kind of impractical isn't it?

I agree that there is no personal relationship between then but they are all supposed to be Huskers, a family. The former players certainly are.

OK, I've been reading about this 'rift' for weeks now. ENOUGH!!!

God I am so sick and tired of all the cryin' and whinin' from FORMER players. 'I don't feel comfortable', 'I don't feel welcome', 'I don't know anyone anymore', whaaa! whaa! whaa! For gods sake, just call the AD, call Coach Callahan and ASK/REQUEST that you want to be at a practice!!! It's not that hard..Really!!! Coach Callahan, I'm sure, will welcome you. No problem.

Who in the hell do these FORMER players think they are??? I swear!!! Coach Callahan is in know way going to know every single former player. Not happening, however, I'm sure he will welcome them with open arms...the former need to quit being dicks because the old school is gone. It needed to be gone. They need to get behind this program, the players and coaches NOW or just fade away and STFU.

If this were a corporation and you were a former employee, you still have to check in at the front would be my guess...

oh yeah, Tom Osborne DOES NOT WALK ON WATER AND HE IS NOT GOD AND HE IS NOT NEBRASKA FOOTBALL!!! I'm sure I'll catch hell for that one....don't care!

And the AD is more than likely not going anywhere any time soon. You all know he is a Nebraska boy don't you??? I thought that was the prerequisite(sp) for all things NE??? You know, that infamous Nebraska Way...whatever the hell that is.

You all need to get aboard or get off...enough whining! This isn't grade school playgroung time folks!!!

Done now...I've been wanting to get tis ouot for a week now...thanks for the therapy.

And I apologize for the mispelled words...I'm just so sick of hearing/reading about SP this,TO that...UGH...

My IQ dropped about 75 points for reading it. Without the committment, hardwork, and success of the former players there would be no skyboxes, no Steve Pederson, University of Nebraska Athletic Director, no Bill Callahan, Head Coach-University of Nebraska, etc. While they may not have to roll out the red carpet for every one, they should still be considered part of the Husker family and treated as such. If there still is a Husker family.

(This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. )

Ya well FU... :asshat ....I think MY response was a well thought out response to the stupid, outlandish, off-base 'opinions' I've been reading. I never said that the 'former' players didn't count as they most certainly do. Their hard work, commitment do as well.

What about the work ethic and commitment of the current players??? Does that count???

(probably not since they are the NEW Huskers under Coach Callahan and not TO, (who is GOD)

What I am saying is the former players are just that, FORMER. UNL Football does not revolve around them nor does iot owe them anything. If anything, those 'disgrunteled players owe UNL not only for the FREE education, but the FREE exposure just for being a UNL Grad. The important HUSKERS are those that play NOW!!! Not the players from year 1 to 50 years ago...Why is that so hard for the X-Huskers to get??

My guess is that the x-huskers don't like the fact the NE FOOTBALL as they know it is gone and they are looking for someone, ANYONE, to blame. THE FACT is the one they should look at is the one they never will...TO....his 'successor' (FS) is totally the blame for this mess. If not for TO insisiting on FS as HC, Husker Nation would never be this messed up,...never even be at this point...Ya think?????

Get over yourself/s I, myself, was glad SP fired Franks ass. I was tired of everyone in CO telling me what I knew years ago..YOU HAVE NO TALANT! THE OFFENSE SUCKS...TAKE AWAY THE QB, NE HAS NOTHING!!!

I was sick of it!!!

By the way, will you acknowlege the great things Coach Callahan has done for the Lincoln and surrounding communities? What about the run he has for Breast Cancer???? ... What about taking the players to the local hospitals?

What did the former HC ever do? I really do not know.

Ya well FU... :asshat ....I think MY response was a well thought out response to the stupid, outlandish, off-base 'opinions' I've been reading.

I'm sure you do and to quote Jack Nicholson (in his response to writing a book from the viewpoint of a woman) "I wrote as if I were a man and removed all sensiblity and accountability."

By the way, will you acknowlege the great things Coach Callahan has done for the Lincoln and surrounding communities? What about the run he has for Breast Cancer???? ... What about taking the players to the local hospitals?

What did the former HC ever do? I really do not know.

I can't comment on Callahan's intent, but those charitable organizations and foundations he "participates" in are part of his contract. As for former coaches and players, trips to the hospitals to visit with sick kids is something that has been going on ever since I can remember (25+ years). The former coaches has foundations that they participated in too so to steal a line from you "Get over yourself."

nice rant, i am sure they all will appreciate it, but to each his own. but then i am sure you have the inside scoop on how these guys have or have not been received by the current administartion.

true, no one owes anyone anything and that includes any of the former players that no longer want to support what is now the program as we have come to know it.

grow up, (no one cares how far you have to drive to go to a game) everyone has a choice to make and they sure don't need silly comments and attacks from a chat room to verify their positions regarding the program!

Im glad you enjoyed my rant. I could care less how any of the FORMER players feel about what I have to say. Since you are so f'ing smart why dont you tell me how they have or havent been recieved by the CURRENT administration. You seem to know everything. Say something besides Ped is an ahole, or its not the nebraska way... Whatever the f#*k that means.

So none of the fans have a right to state their opinions. Fans dont need silly comments and attacks on their program from FORMER players. I dont give a sh#t if they dont get the red carpet treatment. If they want to be a part of the program Im sure they can make arrangements to come and visit. I dont see why Ped and Bill have to kiss their ass and cater to these big babys.

The next time you tell someone to grow up you had better go back and read your posts. You make yourself sound like a fool.

you are the one who looks foolish by your adolescent choice of language. thankfully there are many more intelligent posters here who have a respectable grasp of the english language. hard to take anything you have to say as serious or with substance. oh, in case you can't read, i SAID no one knows for sure how much truth is in the statements concerning ex player involvement or interest by the current administartion, but there is obviously room for speculation.

you are the one who looks foolish by your adolescent choice of language. thankfully there are many more intelligent posters here who have a respectable grasp of the english language. hard to take anything you have to say as serious or with substance. oh, in case you can't read, i SAID no one knows for sure how much truth is in the statements concerning ex player involvement or interest by the current administartion, but there is obviously room for speculation.

Im so sorry that you dont like my adolescent language. I find it hard to believe that you dont see it or hear it more often in response to the crap you post.

Yes thankfully we do have more intelligent posters here. Trust me when I say that you arent one of them.

So since no one knows for sure how much truth is in the statements concerning ex players why do you continually bash the current administration and cry when someone does the same thing to the former players?? You can hang on their jockstraps all you want. The more they act like children the less I care about what they have to say.

In 1990- 1991 after T.O. got smacked around again by a Florida team in a bowl game, he went to Bobby Bowden and asked what changes he needed. Bobby said Tom you need speed,speed,speed;. I think Frank was to stubbern to ask for help, but you see how B.C. right after a game has no problem with finding his flaws by sending coaches to Auburn. How many times did we watch a game with Frank, and he would stare at his clip-board for three straight plays, while we yelled at the t.v. stuff i cant print ,,FRANK LOOK UP. By that time we ran three straight full-back traps, PUNT. The way Frank left ,with the animosity that was floating around, many of the coaches that probly would have taken the job shied away, people with nebraska ties like Al Saunders. I honestly think we lucked out with Callahan, we could have ended up with another Barry Collier. G.B.R.

Im so sorry that you dont like my adolescent language. I find it hard to believe that you dont see it or hear it more often in response to the crap you post.

Yes thankfully we do have more intelligent posters here. Trust me when I say that you arent one of them.

So since no one knows for sure how much truth is in the statements concerning ex players why do you continually bash the current administration and cry when someone does the same thing to the former players?? You can hang on their jockstraps all you want. The more they act like children the less I care about what they have to say.

:woo:thumbs:clap:lol::worshipchuckleshuffle

These girlfights you "Real Fans" are having are really getting old..You Need pictures and more Mud in the pit to make it enjoyable to watch at least.

I'm more concerned that the future recruits don't read this crap..And that they won't perceive that our "True Fans" and "The Program" will only care about them while they still have some eligibility left..After that, they are yesterday's news.

Didn't your Moms tell you when you were looking for that special man in your life, to pick the one that treats his Mother well?

The same principle applies to recruiting...And some of these Former players will eventually need to help their prodigies decide on which School to go to.

I'm a little new to this board..Do you anklebiters stir this stuff up during the Season, or is it just because there's nothing else to do this time of year?

We're Cornhuskers!

Lets try to keep convincing the rest of the World we are still the greatest Fans in the World.

Well CornHOLIO, if people like Brodrick Thomas, and these other former players want to get on the radio, and t.v. and run their mouths, and bag on this program, what message does that send to recruits. They call it the original husker way, and your not a nebraska guy. How many of these people that are talking are, they act like they were all born here. I still say these former players are hypocrits, by being so offended now and not when Frank so gracefully removed the back-bone of nebraska to cover his own failure as a coach. As they said about Collier he was good at getting div-ll talent for a div-1 program.

These girlfights you "Real Fans" are having are really getting old..You Need pictures and more Mud in the pit to make it enjoyable to watch at least.

I'm more concerned that the future recruits don't read this crap..And that they won't perceive that our "True Fans" and "The Program" will only care about them while they still have some eligibility left..After that, they are yesterday's news.

Didn't your Moms tell you when you were looking for that special man in your life, to pick the one that treats his Mother well?

The same principle applies to recruiting...And some of these Former players will eventually need to help their prodigies decide on which School to go to.

I'm a little new to this board..Do you anklebiters stir this stuff up during the Season, or is it just because there's nothing else to do this time of year?

We're Cornhuskers!

Lets try to keep convincing the rest of the World we are still the greatest Fans in the World.

Settle down Beavis!!

Okay, I realize it's the off-season, and things tend to get slow - which means each post is read perhaps a bit more intensely then in the season, but let's ALL settle down.

Remember, personal attacks are not permitted on the Board. Attack the post - not the poster.

No since anyone getting banned during the "silly" season.