CB/FS Reggie Smith

No problem . It al kinda gets to be overkill after awhile. But at least it has been good news so far today. By the way I also read Sean callihan recruiting guru,Quote said that we had a very ,very , very good chance with Reggie. So far,so good. :thumbs

Reggie isnt projected as a safety in college but I dont think the departure of Brodney Pool to the NFL is going to help any...He announced this afternoon I hear.

On a certain recruiting website he reported that he knows everything he needs to knows about all three colleges. He also said that he thinks that there would be equal chance of playing time at all three. I personally think that he already has his mind made up. Just from the way he acted like the visit by blake and co. was called a visit just to say hi,and see how he was doing.

gud pt. i wud agree that mos of these guys kno where thyer going days b4 its announced. dont really think it comes down to the wire like mos of us like to think and the services like to make us think. so heres my thought, i wod also tend to believe the the coches of the schools kno where the kids are probly going also several days ahed. so with that in mind do you think the schools that know thyre out jus may back off and stop visiting, where the ones that are probly N want to keep contat bc they know hes "their" guy, and dont mind investing more time into him. ala MU kinda backing off Brooks & Blakes late visit to Suh. Suh sed he knew for wks but jus wantd to clarify some things with blake, almos as if they were talkin about registering for classes and getitng him the playbook etc. and im sure blake knew that he wasnt changing any minds on the 11th hr, so woudnt have bothered if he wasnt pretty confident we had him.

so if my theory is true all of our guys stopping down to see Reg at the las min is a positive indicator. ;) at leas in bobbies world.

The gap in talent seemed to get larger and larger between us and several of the other schools.It makes me wonder why Solich didnt recruit better talent.Even if it was talent that fit his scheem. Whatever that Jamal Lord era was, I beleive that we have closed that gap. Think about Bob Stoops. What has to be going through his mind that we came in and took 2 hopefuly three top notch players. I know with their talent level and current recruiting that he isnt loosing too much sleep. Its got to get under his skin that we snatched homegrown studs right from his backyard though. I say agin great job to the coaches. Cahonas, brass ones . :box

Man, if Smith doesn't end up a Husker I'll be a bit disappointed, but our class is REALLY NICE right now. I've never been this excited to see freshmen come to campus to compete!

The great thing about the coaches' recruiting efforts thus far is that we can target and select from the best available. We filled major voids early on, and we aren't having to 'settle' on kids now. And just for the enjoyment I have of pointing it out: we have 11 4/5* players on the commit list now, compared to 12 total 4/5* guys the past three years combined. Definitely heading in the right direction.

Man, if Smith doesn't end up a Husker I'll be a bit disappointed, but our class is REALLY NICE right now. I've never been this excited to see freshmen come to campus to compete!

The great thing about the coaches' recruiting efforts thus far is that we can target and select from the best available. We filled major voids early on, and we aren't having to 'settle' on kids now. And just for the enjoyment I have of pointing it out: we have 11 4/5* players on the commit list now, compared to 12 total 4/5* guys the past three years combined. Definitely heading in the right direction.

:box:cheers

Man, I totally agree with you Hoyamannn. With the addition of Brooks and Suh, I felt our class was complete. If we got smith too... :cheers