Let's wait on the facts in Mo's case

Go and look at the bottom comment after the story.

Link

Posted by: Nick Location: Lincoln

I was one of many people at the bar last night when the situation transpired and Purify was not the only one who should have been arrested last night. The doorman that denied him earlier in the night at another bar was trying to get a reaction out of Purify and was not arrested because he knew one of the cops that reported to the scene. Thats pretty sad that he was released simply because he knew the cop, especially since he was just as responsible for the events that transpired. And as far as the girl who is pressing charges, she could have just as easily been hit by her own boyfriend because she jumped in while both of them were going after each other.

I really hope that the police (and Callahan) take every witness account into consideration when handling Mo's situation. I don't think he deserves preferential treatment, but I do think he deserves fairness at least. Let's let the facts get told before we jump to conclusions about what should be done.

I hope that Mo gets some kind of punishment...out of this but if this account is true....he does not deserve to be kicked off the team...........with that being said, it shows some bad judgement on Purify's part placing so much at risk..........I know he has recieved an earful from Calli and co. .

IF this is true, Purify probably doesn't deserve to be kicked off the team. He does though deserve some kind of punishment to show it won't be tolerated. Someone brought up the point of Callahan kicking Incognito off. Richie Incognito was always the bad @$$ so to speak. I've never heard that about Purify so, therefore, he should get a second chance.

I agree, you never win by resisting arrest. In his favor though, it wasn't a violent resisting arrest. He just refused to put his hands together until the cops showed him a can of pepper spray.

If that is the case, that charge will probably get dropped.

Maybe we're all being blinded by the trees and are unable to see the forest. Let's review. He shows up what 25 to 30 pounds overweight? Then, he gets into an altercation with the law and allegedly resists arrest. How things really happened is really irrevelant. He has no discipline. He's showed that by showing up to camp grossly overweight. He's showed that by this latest incident. He's the type of cancer that can really eat a team apart. Maybe he didn't play more last season because of his lack of discipline and training.

He has the skills to be great, but just like a former player I'm not sure he has the head on his shoulders to be a great player. I'm not around Lincoln anymore, but I do vividly remember the Phillips situation as I was there. A lot of people were caught off guard when Phillips pulled his stunt. However, Phillips was always in trouble. It didn't make the public light, but TO was always warning Phillips to stay out of trouble because he always seemed to find it. I wouldn't be surprised if Purify isn't similar in nature. I have a feeling when he can't find trouble trouble finds him.

I think BC should act on this punishment fast and make it a stiff but fair punishment as soon as possible to let the other players know that this crap will not be tolerated. I think a 1 game suspension would be sufficient not matter what the outcome is. The resisting arrest part is another story. It was not like he was being violent, he just stood there with his hands behind his back. Get your $hit in gear Mo!

I think BC should act on this punishment fast and make it a stiff but fair punishment as soon as possible to let the other players know that this crap will not be tolerated. I think a 1 game suspension would be sufficient not matter what the outcome is. The resisting arrest part is another story. It was not like he was being violent, he just stood there with his hands behind his back. Get your $hit in gear Mo!

Personally, I think that it is too late for Callahan to act fast. The incident happened Saturday night and it's now Tuesday. He should of at least made an announcement on sunday that Mo was suspended indefinatley until investigation is complete.

Personally, I think that it is too late for Callahan to act fast. The incident happened Saturday night and it's now Tuesday. He should of at least made an announcement on sunday that Mo was suspended indefinatley until investigation is complete.

I'd expect a statement around the end of the week. It will take Pedey that long to figure out the best way to spin the story.

I'd expect a statement around the end of the week. It will take Pedey that long to figure out the best way to spin the story.

:rollin:rollin:rollin