"The Catch" against Missouri...

Luck or No Luck?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wouldn't it of made more sense for Wiggins to let the ball hit the ground before time ran out and let us run another play. Because that is what I was hoping for when I saw the ball still hanging in the air, was for it to hurry up and hit the ground before time ran out.

Wasn't it fourth down? Or was it third down?

Edit: Upon further review...it was third down (or at least that's what Musberger says on the video)

I can see what you are saying, but it's hard to think about those things while its happening...for the players I mean.

I believe it was 4th down. It was mentioned in several articles.

Wouldn't it of made more sense for Wiggins to let the ball hit the ground before time ran out and let us run another play. Because that is what I was hoping for when I saw the ball still hanging in the air, was for it to hurry up and hit the ground before time ran out.

Wasn't it fourth down? Or was it third down?

Edit: Upon further review...it was third down (or at least that's what Musberger says on the video)

I can see what you are saying, but it's hard to think about those things while its happening...for the players I mean.

I believe it was 4th down. It was mentioned in several articles.

I knew I shouldn't of listened to Musberger!

I knew I shouldn't of listened to Musberger!

Nevermind....this was in the first article I posted. Who knows, I've seen both listed and I don't remember as I was watching it from behind a couple of pillows as it happened:

"The penalty is 15 yards from the original spot of the ball and loss of down. Had the officials ruled that Wiggins' kick was intentional, the Cornhuskers would have faced fourth down play from the 27-yard line -- if time remained."

In case you didn't hear...Wiggins DID NOT PLAY THAT GAME-CHANGING DOWN! Here is what happened...

Wiggins got a call at the 7:42 minute from the CIA to assassinate the Soviet Premier in Moscow. But once Wiggins figured out that the Soviet Union was no more and that the call was a joke, he flew to Cuba to take out Castro instead. While in route, He called his good friend, David Beckham, to go to Lincoln and wear his uniform and play in his place. Fortunately, Beckham was with Posh at James Arthur Vineyards in Raymond and made it to the stadium just in time to put on Wiggins' jersey and kick the ball. Thanks Beckham, for bending it like you do...right into the hands of Davison.

Wiggins has not been seen since, but Castro hasn't either lately. Coincidence? I think not!!! :)