"The Catch" against Missouri...

Luck or No Luck?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As by wordnet.princeton.edu....

Luck - noun

-fortune: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"

-an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another; "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"

-an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome; "it was my good luck to be there"; "they say luck is a lady"; "it was as if fortune guided his hand"

Ok that's enough...time to settle this. I happen to know exactly what was supposed to happen and why it happened the way it did.

Coach Osbourne had been working on this play for years, it was practiced everyday, and finally the time had come to use it. 7 seconds left and a national championship appearance on the line. The play was called "The Flying Dutchman". This is how it was drawn up: Shotgun formation, Wiggins would go on a five yard crossing route, Frost would throw the ball to him as hard as he could. The ball would then bounce off of Wiggins' chest and while the ball was still in the air Wiggins was to kick the ball. Once kicked the ball would fly back towards the line of scrimmage. The ball would then bounce off of one on Nebraska's lineman and go straight up in the air. Meanwhile, 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, another lineman was to pick up Lance Brown and throw him in the direction of the football. Brown would then grab the ball out of mid-air and would land safely in the endzone. Touchdown, Nebraska!!

This however, is not what happened. Most people did not know, but Wiggins and Osbourne had a disagreement about how the play should work. Wiggins wanted to be the one thrown through the air, thus scoring the touchdown and getting all the glory. So when the play was called Wiggins came up with an elaborate scheme to foil the miraculous play. However, Matt Davison knew that Wiggins would try to do something, he just had these bad vibes about it. He knew he had to try and stop Wiggins, somehow. Davison got him self into position (he somehow knew Wiggins would kick it backwards and not just bat it down or something) and sure enough, Wiggins kicked the ball backwards. Diving, Matt Davison caught the ball and foiled Wiggins evil plan. And the rest is history....

Of course, I voted for conspiracy...I'm still convinced it was all a dream or that the CIA had put a chip in everyone's brain to make them think they saw what they saw...or maybe a combination of both. Maybe I dreamed it and the CIA somehow recorded my dream and but it on every TV in America....

Ok that's enough...time to settle this. I happen to know exactly what was supposed to happen and why it happened the way it did.

Coach Osbourne had been working on this play for years, it was practiced everyday, and finally the time had come to use it. 7 seconds left and a national championship appearance on the line. The play was called "The Flying Dutchman". This is how it was drawn up: Shotgun formation, Wiggins would go on a five yard crossing route, Frost would throw the ball to him as hard as he could. The ball would then bounce off of Wiggins' chest and while the ball was still in the air Wiggins was to kick the ball. Once kicked the ball would fly back towards the line of scrimmage. The ball would then bounce off of one on Nebraska's lineman and go straight up in the air. Meanwhile, 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, another lineman was to pick up Lance Brown and throw him in the direction of the football. Brown would then grab the ball out of mid-air and would land safely in the endzone. Touchdown, Nebraska!!

This however, is not what happened. Most people did not know, but Wiggins and Osbourne had a disagreement about how the play should work. Wiggins wanted to be the one thrown through the air, thus scoring the touchdown and getting all the glory. So when the play was called Wiggins came up with an elaborate scheme to foil the miraculous play. However, Matt Davison knew that Wiggins would try to do something, he just had these bad vibes about it. He knew he had to try and stop Wiggins, somehow. Davison got him self into position (he somehow knew Wiggins would kick it backwards and not just bat it down or something) and sure enough, Wiggins kicked the ball backwards. Diving, Matt Davison caught the ball and foiled Wiggins evil plan. And the rest is history....

Of course, I voted for conspiracy...I'm still convinced it was all a dream or that the CIA had put a chip in everyone's brain to make them think they saw what they saw...or maybe a combination of both. Maybe I dreamed it and the CIA somehow recorded my dream and but it on every TV in America....

I concur :rollin:rollin:rollin

GBR!!!

That's amazing!!!! :clap

I change my poll vote to Drowning's story...that is way better than the truth that it was luck.

I'm curious...I'm not really sure why Cmb is being called a Michigan fan, a Big Ten Whiner or even flamebait for that matter. It seems to me that during this whole argument, he's been the consistent one (as well as several others with him) and Husker Big Guy is the name-calling, back-peddling, Husker blinded, crazy person who talks big on the internet but never goes outside of his parents basement (he's 42 btw).

Now, with that being said, I have lived in Omaha/Lincoln my entire life, am an NU alumni and still have several things to do with the Nebraska program beyond being a donor. With that being said, I still say that this play was LUCK and there is no other explanation.

Again, Thanks for your time!!! :woo

Rygolf