question

how often does Nebraska withdraw a scholarship. If they commit to another school and they are not even responding to the coaches will they withdraw it. What is the maximum amount of scholarships a school can offer? I know these are dumb questions I am just trying to learn more on recuirting.

how often does Nebraska withdraw a scholarship. If they commit to another school and they are not even responding to the coaches will they withdraw it. What is the maximum amount of scholarships a school can offer? I know these are dumb questions I am just trying to learn more on recuirting.

A team is limited to having a grand total of 85 scholarships on the team. Once a kid signs a LOI or Letter Of Intent then that scholly is gone. A school can offer as many scholarships as they want just as long as they don't exceed the total of 85. I hope that helps you out.

On a related topic.

I could be mistaken....but didn't KSU coach Princess change his mind about a commit at the last moment this past year? ....before the LOI...and leaving the unfortunate student scrambling to find another school? This does not happen very often. But, I guess the coaches - like the players - can change their minds before signing day. I also seem to recall that the Huskers have done this in the past when character issues had surfaced about a new commit.

Not only did Prince change his mind and leave a kid hanging on signing day, he has also revoked a lot of scholarships given to kids before he came in... Callahan NEVER took anyone's scholarship, he let kids out of them if they wanted out but he never made any of them leave... he did revoke Grixby's scholarship offer due to character issues though but not because he found someone else and not so close to signing day that the kid was stuck.

If you get to the point you feel you need to pull an offer, most (I won't say all) coaches will just stop contact with you.

It's like the girl who never calls you back. You may like her, but when she doesn't give you the time of day, you kinda realize what is going on.