Big 12 football to ESPN

Big 12 football heads to ESPN

Fox Sports Net maintains as many as 19 games

12:11 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

By BARRY HORN / The Dallas Morning News

bhorn@dallasnews.com

ESPN will take over the cable package of Big 12 Conference football games broadcast by TBS for the last five seasons.

Fox Sports Net, which has the cable rights to Big 12 football, will sublicense five games during the 2007 season to ESPN. In addition, Fox Sports Net will broadcast as many as 19 Big 12 games this season.

"When our five-year deal with TBS to distribute these games ended, ESPN was a logical fit to honor this commitment," said Jeremy Langer, FSN’s Executive Director of Collegiate Sports. ESPN’s first Big 12 game will be Saturday, Sept. 15, featuring Florida State-Colorado. The remaining four games will be selected 12 days in advance of each game scheduled for Oct. 6, 13, 20 and Nov. 3

lets hope herbstreit and may have to come to memorial stadium some night so they can find out HOW WE REALLY FEEL.

:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

It would be nice if more Big XII games could be on ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.....whatever....FSN blows!!! Top to bottom, the commentators, the quality of the video feeds, hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

Nothing was worse than the OSU game this year. They came back to the game (right before the half) with Okie State halfway down the field and the ball in the air for the back-breaking touchdown with a few seconds left.

hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

Nothing was worse than the OSU game this year. They came back to the game (right before the half) with Okie State halfway down the field and the ball in the air for the back-breaking touchdown with a few seconds left.

This game was on ABC.

It would be nice if more Big XII games could be on ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.....whatever....FSN blows!!! Top to bottom, the commentators, the quality of the video feeds, hell even coming in and out of commercial breaks they miss action all the time!

NBC only does home Notre Dame games, and CBS only does the SEC and a couple of the Navy/Army/Air Force games.

:bonez:clap:corndance:hellloooo:woo:nanalama

Have I made my thoughts clear?

:blink: Man... I dont know what the f*** you just said... but you touched me... you're special.

Oh yes... and I agree. The FSN commentators make Lou Holtz look like Albert Einstein.

Pumpkin Escobar? Is that you?!

I am just glad the games will be in HD now.

:bonez:clap:corndance:hellloooo:woo:nanalama

Have I made my thoughts clear?

:blink: Man... I dont know what the f*** you just said... but you touched me... you're special.

Oh yes... and I agree. The FSN commentators make Lou Holtz look like Albert Einstein.

Pumpkin Escobar? Is that you?!

I am just glad the games will be in HD now.

Agreed, that's one of the main reasons I hate watching on FSN, the picture quality stinks and no HD games.

Lauged when you said this. A quote i will never forget a girl said my senior year of high school. In one of our classes a teacher was asking her a question. After a few minutes of mumbling and rambling the teacher said..."Miss Turner, your answer please." She replied with "I don't understand this $hit! Who do you think I am...Robert Einstein?"

(Yes, she said Robert.)