How many Solich players remain on the roster?

Just curious how many of Solich players remain.

I think Callahan is improving the Team from what he did his first year but how long can people make the Solich excuse? There can't be many left.

Solich was getting blown out by better Teams but always won against the Teams they were suppose to beat.

Callahan has been able to hang with some of the better teams but has also drop some games to less talented teams.

So is this the year to put up or shut up or is he still a year or 2 away?

In addition to those, Dan Erickson, Sean Hill, Tyler Kester, Mike Huff, Cortney Grixby, Nate Swift, Kevin Luhrs, Andy Poulosky, Andy Sand, Matt Senske, Tony Sullivan, Lance Brandenburgh, Ben Eisenhart, Terrence Nunn, Matt O'Hanlon. Thomas Rice, Clayton Sievers, Ty Steinkuhler, Dan Titchener, Andy Christensen.

Some are from class of 04 that originally committed to Solich(Swift, Brandenburgh, Steinkuhler, Sievers) others are walk-ons and Grixby was a last minute choice but had been recruited by Solich. Nunn committed to Solich, decommitted, committed to Wisconsin, Cosgrove got hired as DC and he followed him here.

If they were a walk-on and Callahan ended up giving them a scholarship, does that still make them Solich recruits? Grixby, Green, and Ruud would have come here regardless of who the coach is/was.

I don't know how long you can use the Solich excuse, but we must all remember that several of BC's heralded class of 05 have defected. We have a QB with zero NU gametime exerience due to a defection. If you're going to switch gears on excuses, I think you have to look no furter than assistant coaches and player defections as the next big excuse.

I could be wrong on this one DJR, but I thought Huff was somebody Callahan went after real late in the process.

I'll have to check.

He had been offered by Solich, accepted with callahan. Callahan said he would honor his scholarship offer.

Some expected us to win the NC the first year. Some thought Joe Daily could run the offense. Some felt we were a long ways away and that really no one fit the new offensive scheme.

Untill all the starters that Frank recruited move on you still have people that BC did not recruit and can not replace. Those slots are tied up. 10 or 11 of his skill type players might make a big difference, who knows.

Five years is the magic time limit for me. After that I will be hard pressed to accept poor results. But even at that time it depends on how we recruit. What we actually put in the barn. If we can not compete with the top programs and actually get some of what they go after, we will not be what all are wanting.

I am a big BC fan, but in honesty I do not feel the recruiting has been what we need. With some major wins that could change, but currently we are still a step behind the top programs not only in starters, but depth.

On the walk ons, I think again he honored the commitment to them. Plus they were not lining up to come to Nebraska at the time.

DJR,

I checked it out and you were correct. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on it. I had completely forgotten about it. But he was offered by Solich. I got that it in my head that he was a Callahan recruit because when he was redshirting as a freshman, I had read in numerous articles where Callahan had said that he really liked how well Huff was doing. So I just figured that he was a Callahan recruit.

But you were exactly right, he was a Solich offer who Cally honored.