any one else???????????

cammer

any one else think we should have fired the A.D. and kept FRANK. Is it to late to can the A.D., Callahan, and beg FRANK to please be our coach again. While frank had a lot of firsts, the worst loss in school history wasn't one of them. I was at the so. Miss game and after running to the opponents 20 yard line, maybe closer, Why did he call 4 straight passes(he being callahan) :wtf

any one else think we should have fired the A.D. and kept FRANK.  Is it to late to can the A.D., Callahan, and beg FRANK to please be our coach again. While frank had a lot of firsts, the worst loss in school history wasn't one of them. I was at the so. Miss game and after running to the opponents 20 yard line, maybe closer, Why did he call 4 straight passes(he being callahan) :wtf

Welcome to the board. :)

I would encourage you to read before posting. This has only been discussed eleventy billion times. Getting Frank back isn't going to magically fix everything and will do more harm that good this year. Give the guy a chance for christ's sake!!!

The offense we are installing is MUCH MUCH different than those of Callahans predecessors. During this transition time, it’s going to be rough no doubt and some pride will have to be swallowed. The idea is that in the LONG TERM it will be a good move. The long term definitely isn't 5 games.

I for one will be reserving my judgements on the coaching staff for at least another year. The offensive staff anyway.

any one else think we should have fired the A.D. and kept FRANK.  Is it to late to can the A.D., Callahan, and beg FRANK to please be our coach again. While frank had a lot of firsts, the worst loss in school history wasn't one of them. I was at the so. Miss game and after running to the opponents 20 yard line, maybe closer, Why did he call 4 straight passes(he being callahan) :wtf

Welcome to the board.

I would encourage you to read before posting. This has only been discussed eleventy billion times. Getting Frank back isn't going to magically fix everything and will do more harm that good this year. Give the guy a chance for christ's sake!!!

The offense we are installing is MUCH MUCH different than those of Callahans predecessors. During this transition time, it’s going to be rough no doubt and some pride will have to be swallowed. The idea is that in the LONG TERM it will be a good move. The long term definitely isn't 5 games.

I for one will be reserving my judgements on the coaching staff for at least another year. The offensive staff anyway.

I agree that it will take some time to get our team to where Bill wants the team to be playing at, but I did not think that we would take five steps backwards so that we could take one small step forward.

Hey Cammer. Welcome aboard!

Yes I think we can all identify with those feelings at one time or another. Especially right now so I dont blame you.

I was thinking the other day that it sure would be nice if we could JUST get rid of Steve P, and keep Callahan. B/c you have to realize that like Dave said Frank aint comin back, and unfort he wasnt the answer. Granted callahan might not be either, but we have to give him time or we just compound our losses.

Either way, feel free to throw more posts out here regardless of whether we may have discussed it or not, b/c theres no way a newcomer will want to read through all of our masses of threads, which there have been a TON of lately, so I dont blame you for not doing your homework like Professor Dave wouldve hoped! :)

Hey Cammer. Welcome aboard!

Yes I think we can all identify with those feelings at one time or another. Especially right now so I dont blame you.

I was thinking the other day that it sure would be nice if we could JUST get rid of Steve P, and keep Callahan. B/c you have to realize that like Dave said Frank aint comin back, and unfort he wasnt the answer. Granted callahan might not be either, but we have to give him time or we just compound our losses.

Either way, feel free to throw more posts out here regardless of whether we may have discussed it or not, b/c theres no way a newcomer will want to read through all of our masses of threads, which there have been a TON of lately, so I dont blame you for not doing your homework like Professor Dave wouldve hoped! :)

I don't expect them to read everything, just a few things at least :)

Some of threads here are kind of a mess anyway. (ie the topic doesn't match what the thread ended up being about).

Welcome again, cammer!

I thought the biggest question might be why Wisconsin now has one of the best defenses in the country. Answer: Because Cosgrove isn't there. It was obvious there was no game preparation at all. Especially when our defensive back coach is quoted in the OWH as saying "gee we didn't know their receivers were so fast" Gimme a break!!

any one else think we should have fired the A.D. and kept FRANK. Is it to late to can the A.D., Callahan, and beg FRANK to please be our coach again. While frank had a lot of firsts, the worst loss in school history wasn't one of them. I was at the so. Miss game and after running to the opponents 20 yard line, maybe closer, Why did he call 4 straight passes(he being callahan) :wtf

I'm with ya brother.

I thought the biggest question might be why Wisconsin now has one of the best defenses in the country. Answer: Because Cosgrove isn't there. It was obvious there was no game preparation at all. Especially when our defensive back coach is quoted in the OWH as saying "gee we didn't know their receivers were so fast" Gimme a break!!

I agree. Consgrove is not a good coach. We had a great defense last year and pretty much have everyone back and we are not even close to what we did last year. I want Bo. Can we please get a mulligan for this one.

The idea that a coach did no game preparation is asinine and stupid. Also the idea that a team is playing great because a coach is gone is also stupid. That gives no credit to the staff that is coaching now or any other variable.

He got burned. He played more zone when he should have been blitzing more. I am sure if he knew what he knows now he would have done that. I look at it this way. With an offense like TTech's, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you blitz a ton you run the large risk of giving up the big play. If you play zone and rush 3 or 4 then the QB is going to find someone open eventually every time. I don't know how much man we played that game, but I doubt that would have worked out for the best.

He should have blitzed more, that's obvious.

There are no mulligans. You don't have really anything to say about who coaches when.

I'm with ya brother.

Only because he blames it on coaches and nothing else.

DaveH,

What is halftime for? I thought you were supposed to make adjustments at halftime. It was in the second half when things really got out of hand. I'm sure Coach Cosgrove thought we were well prepared going into the game. If more blitzing is what we needed, why didn't we do it the second half?

I don't really think it was necessarily the defense's fault. I remember when we got beat by Penn State a couple of years ago. Everyone blamed the defense. Well the defense can't be on the field 3 out of 4 quarters and stop a team when the offense turns the ball over in the other team's red zone. The defense did give up, but the trouble started on the other side of the ball!

Would the defense have given up last year? No! Pelini was a better defensive coach than Cosgrove, but this isn't why we lost this game.

DaveH,

What is halftime for? I thought you were supposed to make adjustments at halftime. It was in the second half when things really got out of hand. I'm sure Coach Cosgrove thought we were well prepared going into the game. If more blitzing is what we needed, why didn't we do it the second half?

I don't really think it was necessarily the defense's fault. I remember when we got beat by Penn State a couple of years ago. Everyone blamed the defense. Well the defense can't be on the field 3 out of 4 quarters and stop a team when the offense turns the ball over in the other team's red zone. The defense did give up, but the trouble started on the other side of the ball!

Would the defense have given up last year? No! Pelini was a better defensive coach than Cosgrove, but this isn't why we lost this game.

good post, i agree.

DaveH,

What is halftime for?  I thought you were supposed to make adjustments at halftime.  It was in the second half when things really got out of hand.  I'm sure Coach Cosgrove thought we were well prepared going into the game.  If more blitzing is what we needed, why didn't we do it the second half?

I don't really think it was necessarily the defense's fault.  I remember when we got beat by Penn State a couple of years ago.  Everyone blamed the defense.  Well the defense can't be on the field 3 out of 4 quarters and stop a team when the offense turns the ball over in the other team's red zone.  The defense did give up, but the trouble started on the other side of the ball!

Would the defense have given up last year?  No!  Pelini was a better defensive coach than Cosgrove, but this isn't why we lost this game.

I don't know why we didn't start blitzing more at half time. It makes sense to me, but I wasn't in the locker room at the time.

I agree with what you are saying about the defense being on the field too long. That is one thing that is really killing us.

DaveH,

Blitzing would have simply opened the field up to the receivers even more. T-Tech is predominately a three-step drop system - the blitz would not have reached the quarterback quickly enough to prevent the pass from getting off.

And, any pressure they might have generated would have then been negated by the fact the quarterback would be able to pick out open receivers even more quickly.