Nothing Else Matters

every husker fan should have respect for the sooners. i like that "older brother" analogy, very true.

GO BIG RED

I seem to recall OU under BS having a pretty poor reputation. No doubt BS knows how to coach football and had great players but the reputation of the coach and team left something to be desired. Respect for the skills and play, yes, but across the board no. Of course that's all history now.

I recall Switz saying "if you want someone to save your kids souls, hire a preacher, if you want to win football games, hire me"

I also recall Ozzy had some problem children as well.

You do not have to like your advisary, but you have to respect him.

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years, with KState and Missouri.

Oklahoma was/is a great team. I am not concerned about what Switzer or Osborne did, I am only concerned with games played, and they were some of the best games ever played. Some very tough losses, but played tootn and nail to the very end. Very seldom a fight, and each always knew the knock out punch was there just waiting to land.

Without Oklahoma, Nebraska would be a no one. They made this program what it is. They are considered our rival. Give credit where credit is due and understand without them our wins would not be as impressive.

I went to bed with tears after losses to Oklahoma, but nothing was as sweet as when we won. These games were and are what college football is about. Save your hate and disrespect for the terrorist that deserve. There players, coaches and fans are no different than ours. They just wear a different red.

every husker fan should have respect for the sooners. i like that "older brother" analogy, very true.

GO BIG RED

I seem to recall OU under BS having a pretty poor reputation. No doubt BS knows how to coach football and had great players but the reputation of the coach and team left something to be desired. Respect for the skills and play, yes, but across the board no. Of course that's all history now.

I recall Switz saying "if you want someone to save your kids souls, hire a preacher, if you want to win football games, hire me"

I also recall Ozzy had some problem children as well.

I honestly don't recall but didn't Switzer end up being forced out by the university over some ethics issues or something? I thought his reputation caught up with him. I don't think it was just a matter of "problem children with Switzer. I don't disagree with trying to give young men with issues a chance to make something of themselves. Sometimes it backfires though. Switzer did put together some awsome teams and the NU/OU games were definately among some of the best and really hard fought games.

i too had anguished nights over loses to OU, which made the wins sweeter. if they beat NU, i would hope OU would win their bowl. but, to say NU and OU both had their questionable players is a rotten comparison. OU straight up had some criminals.

i too had anguished nights over loses to OU, which made the wins sweeter. if they beat NU, i would hope OU would win their bowl. but, to say NU and OU both had their questionable players is a rotten comparison. OU straight up had some criminals.

I find the timing of your post ironic, since here in L.A. Lawrnace Phillips just went before a judge on some pretty "criminal" charges.

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years, with KState and Missouri.

Oklahoma was/is a great team. I am not concerned about what Switzer or Osborne did, I am only concerned with games played, and they were some of the best games ever played. Some very tough losses, but played tootn and nail to the very end. Very seldom a fight, and each always knew the knock out punch was there just waiting to land.

Without Oklahoma, Nebraska would be a no one. They made this program what it is. They are considered our rival. Give credit where credit is due and understand without them our wins would not be as impressive.

I went to bed with tears after losses to Oklahoma, but nothing was as sweet as when we won. These games were and are what college football is about. Save your hate and disrespect for the terrorist that deserve. There players, coaches and fans are no different than ours. They just wear a different red.

Finially a Husker fan that gets it.

Brother, I too have had those times in my life when NU came away with a victory that could have given us a National Championship shot. It was a rivalry that was so "different" than others, not an "in state" (Bedlam) or a "Red River Shootout" (Texass), but just different, the time of year when it was held, the stakes, cause the season was winding down and the conference title was on the line. Plus it was THE fall classic at the time.

You must be a ltttle bit older than the others who post on this site, Sounds like you remember the Big 8 for what it was. Too bad those days are gone.

I have some close friends from your state and they lament over what has happened since your AD (Petersen) took over and did what he did. Now you have coaches with NO Nebraska ties AT ALL , that must be a bitter pill to swallow, since Neb, was the only program in the country with ties back to the genesis of there success...( Devany, Osborne,,home grown boys)

We definatly made each other better, and I always pulled for you guys in bowl games, ( although Osborne would often disapoint me).

It was common in Oklahoma not to dis-respect NU, or even have similar feelings like we have towards OSwho or Texass, or Colorado for that matter, in my mind they always played dirty (Colorado). We also never had any ill will towards Kansas or Mizzou.

I know you guys want to succed and be competitive again, just like we did we Bob came to OU. I hope it happens, I'm not sure about Callihan though, and his loyalty to the College game, I'm sure time will tell after this year. I also see the heat will be more on Petersen than Callihan if things go south, but that is my observation.

gOU Big Red

Also my Corn brother,this was a classic, do you remember this?

This is what made college football so wonderful!

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years,

You must be a ltttle bit older than the others who post on this site, Sounds like you remember the Big 8 for what it was. Too bad those days are gone.

It was common in Oklahoma not to dis-respect NU, or even have similar feelings like we have towards OSwho or Texass, or Colorado for that matter, in my mind they always played dirty (Colorado). We also never had any ill will towards Kansas or Mizzou.

gOU Big Red

We have two home runs here in these two posts I have summarized.. As I am older, I remember the big NU-OU games, and they lived up to everything.

There is just too much badmouthing about adversary's programs, and not enough respect where respect it due. I get sick of hearing it, especially on the Trojan websites.

We all have players constantly in the news, and with the exception of a few progams nationwide, I don't know how you quantify that aspect of the program. Just yesterday one of our top DBs got busted dui.

My son works for a university that has a national stature football program. He sees flagrant violantions of NCAA regs swept under the rug regularly. Yet, nothing he has told me has met the light of day, though people have tried to get the admin to act on it. Is that program "clean" because the public doesn.t know about it? How can we as fans, suddenly be investigative reporters and really "know" the dirty laundry from other schools?

I think we should look at it like 'hskerfan. Judge the program on the merit of the team on the field. Everything else is a distant second.

OU-NE keep up that great tradition, and both of you beat Texas!

They just wear a different red.

This hit is one that will live im my memory forever. I was 17 years old, just walking up the ramp to take my seat , when this hit happened right in front of me, the sound was incredible, it knocked Tony Dorsett out of the game. They were Nat, Champs the previous year, and Dorsett was a Heisman winner. they came in highly favored, and got trampled. Johnny Majors was their coach.

Welcome to the Big 8!

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years,

gOU Big Red

We have two home runs here in these two posts I have summarized.. As I am older, I remember the big NU-OU games, and they lived up to everything.

There is just too much badmouthing about adversary's programs, and not enough respect where respect it due. I get sick of hearing it, especially on the Trojan websites.

We all have players constantly in the news, and with the exception of a few progams nationwide, I don't know how you quantify that aspect of the program. Just yesterday one of our top DBs got busted dui.

My son works for a university that has a national stature football program. He sees flagrant violantions of NCAA regs swept under the rug regularly. Yet, nothing he has told me has met the light of day, though people have tried to get the admin to act on it. Is that program "clean" because the public doesn.t know about it? How can we as fans, suddenly be investigative reporters and really "know" the dirty laundry from other schools?

I think we should look at it like 'hskerfan. Judge the program on the merit of the team on the field. Everything else is a distant second.

OU-NE keep up that great tradition, and both of you beat Texas!

Hey Tarheel,

I live in L.A, CA. and know your Def. Coach. I am aware of SC's problems

Your words about respect are true. Like Hskersfan said, its the terrorist that are the enemys, not opposing teams,

We are all Americans

gOU Big Red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWOE6LvlKMs&NR

You guys were talking hits awhile ago on this forum, there are some good ones in this!

Also some important histroy that includes you guys.

For those of you who are young and didn't experience this time in History, sit back, and take a look and see how we did it.

gOU Big Red

:woo

And none of them hits were even close to what Tom Ruud laid on

your ass's

What is up with gOU big red? Last I checked you guys were not red and are you trying to be like us?

Actually we were saying Go Big Red back in the 40's. And Crimson is Red, like blood.

There is a new husker fan dawning to take place of the old guard, and its not as traditional , you are becoming like everyone else.

I hope that the new fans, ( since the 80's) will listen to their elders.

Our teams played each other with respect. unlike all the other teams, except for maybe the Ivy league.

When I walked into your stadium I was shocked at the number of gray-hairs, some of the current fans should take a history lesson from them, like some Sooner fans should take lessons from our elders.

We both have a history, learn it.

gOU Big Red.