Lebron James

cmb23

So that is how the Cavs want to leave it, first of all LeBron does not owe them anything, the Cavs were fortunate enough to be that bad of a franchise at the right time this local kid exploded and became the next big thing. LeBron played with 2nd and 3rd rate players his 7 years there, and don't even count Shaq, he has been done playing 5-6 years ago. I do agree that this was terribly over hyped and hopefully never have to witness anything like this again. The ESPN special was a mistake and yes LeBron should have made his intentions clear to the Cavs before all this mess. No reason to drag him down as a player, he is one of the best, but looks like he felt that the Cavs organization were not committed enough to bring in the players to help them get to the next level. Like we all know MJ could not do it alone and neither can Lebron until now. I just can't believe the letter the owner of the Cavs sent out :facepalm: nice work man, I bet he couldn't sleep last night knowing his words were slowing making it back down his throat choking him. What a dink! :thumbs

What he did was totally classless. If he knew he was going to go to Miami, he should have just announced it, not drag his hometown through the mud on national television. He basically just said that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland, either (it is a depressed area clinging to hope, a quiet desperation... Him leaving shows that even he can't stand the city). I understand his move, but he is really tripping over his own ego here... Kind of hard to blame him when the guy was offered millions out of high school, but this was uncalled for.

Well he even said he didn't know where he was going until yesterday morning and by that time it was too late to call off the special because then that would rob the boys and girls club of America millions of dollars. Also not once did he say he didn't want to be in Cleveland, he simply said the best oppurtunity for him to win would be in South Beach. You play the game to win championships and South Beach was his oppurtunity to win a few in the next 5 years.

Also you can't say he didn't try to stay in Cleveland because incase you didn't notice he was pressing Bosh pretty hard to come to the Cavs but he didn't want to go.

There are three types of fans the NBA. Kobe fans. LeBron fans. Neither. I went from LeBron to neither after last night. It's not necessarily the way he did it. He had no intentions of putting Cleveland in the dust. He got caught up in the hype. The guy doesn't even have a college education and he's still only 25. Give him a break. He will regret "The Decision" very soon, and will mature from it. But what he'll never get over is the fact he signed with the Heat. I will never root for this guy anymore, because I never want to hear people say he's the greatest to ever play.

I was always rooting for him to surpass Jordan, but he won't have that opportunity anymore. It's not even possible for him. I don't care if he wins championships until he retires, if Dwyane Wade is by his side, they don't count in my mind. Sure you could say he's mature and learned to lessen is ego by playing with Wade, but I'll never give him a chance to earn the 'King' title anymore. He pussied out. He was scared if he went somewhere else he'd end up with no rings. That's not how a King should think. He should have gone to New York or Chicago. His teammates would be better than at Cleveland, yet he'd still be the clear 'ruler of the land', unlike in Miami.

• 2 months later...

There are three types of fans the NBA. Kobe fans. LeBron fans. Neither. I went from LeBron to neither after last night. It's not necessarily the way he did it. He had no intentions of putting Cleveland in the dust. He got caught up in the hype. The guy doesn't even have a college education and he's still only 25. Give him a break. He will regret "The Decision" very soon, and will mature from it. But what he'll never get over is the fact he signed with the Heat. I will never root for this guy anymore, because I never want to hear people say he's the greatest to ever play.

I was always rooting for him to surpass Jordan, but he won't have that opportunity anymore. It's not even possible for him. I don't care if he wins championships until he retires, if Dwyane Wade is by his side, they don't count in my mind. Sure you could say he's mature and learned to lessen is ego by playing with Wade, but I'll never give him a chance to earn the 'King' title anymore. He pussied out. He was scared if he went somewhere else he'd end up with no rings. That's not how a King should think. He should have gone to New York or Chicago. His teammates would be better than at Cleveland, yet he'd still be the clear 'ruler of the land', unlike in Miami.

Durant is making a name for himself now too. Some it will be him up there with LeBron and Kobe if it hasnt happened yet.