Hows the QB race going?

I think that it will be a race for the next couple of years. I completely think Ganz has the ability to step up next year and make plays, but it will be a race. Witt is a great QB as well. IMO, i think that having that type of a "problem" is a good thing. I don't know if having some pretty good QBs to pick from is classified as a problem.

One thing that we can all agree on is that it is going to be an exciting few years with the QBs in the future. This kind of talent can only raise a program and team. When was the last time we had this kind of competition at this position? If this stays, which it should cause Cally loves QBs, IMO its only a matter of time before we are the new QBU.

I don't think it's Ganz next year. I like the guy, but I just don't think he has the talent to be the guy. It will come down to Lee, Witt, and Gabbert imo. If Lee and Witt redshirt this year, which could happen, Lee would be a soph, and Witt and Gabbert would both be freshmen. I don't think both players will redshirt though, so I see Lee being a junior. It will be exciting though over the next few seasons.

I don't like the idea of Witt redshirting, to be honest. I like the fact that we got Gabbert, but with Witt, Gabbert, and Lee in the stable - not to mention Ganz still being in the fold next year - something or someone has got to give. I don't sense an entirely happy ending to this race, and I'd hate to have one of these guys leave bitterly because of it.

I don't like the idea of Witt redshirting, to be honest. I like the fact that we got Gabbert, but with Witt, Gabbert, and Lee in the stable - not to mention Ganz still being in the fold next year - something or someone has got to give. I don't sense an entirely happy ending to this race, and I'd hate to have one of these guys leave bitterly because of it.

If they compete and don't win the job, they still get their education and wait for their turn on the bench. If they don't want to sit the bench; either win the starting position or pull a Harrison Beck and leave (of course he is probably going to sit the bench at NC State).

I have a really hard time believing Ganz will ever be the starter when you have kids like Zach Lee and especially Patrick Witt. That kid is sharp.

Gabbert is waaay out there in terms of playing. Hell, he's still in high school.

I dont think there is any way that Witt wont redshirt. IMO Keller will be the starter followed by Ganz and Lee. How many times did Ganz get in last year bc of blow outs? I think three or four. Now we would have to be beating a team very badly and very early to even think that Witt would enter the game. What are you going to tell him if you do decide to put him in one blowout and Lee in one blowout and Ganz in another. Hey we have a superstar coming in and we want you to purposely burn a year of playing time to make room for him. I would love this to happen, and it does make sense to me, but I just dont think it will ever happen. I think Lee will redshirt which would mean that he would more than likely start as a redshirt junior if not a sophmore. Gabbert will more than likely redshirt his first year which would make Witt a redshirt sophmore and Gabbert a redshirt freshman (2009). If Gabbert does end up winning the job early I think one if not both of lee and witt will be gone. If Lee wins the job and Gabbert still has at least two years to be the starter. If Lee then Witt wins the job then Gabbert is either going to have to be fine with starting one year or transferring. I agree though, this is much better than worrying about if we will have a qb two or three years down the road.