Keller update

The Huskers have several talented wideouts, said Keller, singling out 6-4, 210-pound junior Todd Peterson of Grand Island.

“I also had a chemistry with Todd, in my opinion,” Keller said. “He is reliable and always in the right spot. The main thing is, I want to figure out every single receiver’s little nuances. So that way if I see something in a defense, I’ll know exactly where to look. It just gives me more ammo.”

Keller feels comfortable with the basics of Nebraska’s complex offense, though he has much to learn this summer, he said.

“Basically, I have every single (video) clip of seven-on-seven and team (drills) from the entire spring,” he said. “I’m getting refreshed on the plays we ran. And we put in a lot during spring practices. We got all of our stuff in.

“I like that I have another couple months to keep working. It’s the kind of situation where I have dreams about when the season gets going and playing in games, because that’s what I love to do. But being in my fifth year, I can appreciate the time off to fix things and get better individually and get better with my teammates.”

With all the problems we've had this offseason... this guy keeps me excited for this coming season.

what problems are we talking about?

Mo and his 2 arrests?

what else has happened during the offseason that is so bad?

How about all of the stud recruiting commits that backed out on us at the last minute? What about Kenny Wilson breaking his foot, or Lucky's hospitalization crisis? I don't know if Jackson declaring for the draft counts or not, but that is also definitely a blow to the team. Those are just a few that I remember.

With all the problems we've had this offseason... this guy keeps me excited for this coming season.

what problems are we talking about?

Mo and his 2 arrests?

what else has happened during the offseason that is so bad?

How about all of the stud recruiting commits that backed out on us at the last minute? What about Kenny Wilson breaking his foot, or Lucky's hospitalization crisis? I don't know if Jackson declaring for the draft counts or not, but that is also definitely a blow to the team. Those are just a few that I remember.

And, for a while, Keller's dust-up with the law due to the infamous "thrown cup" incident...

Er, I guess I shouldn't bring up Zack Bowman.....

:shrug:

Last offseason was notably more optimistic, IIRC. But let's hope this season turns out better than last.

I wouldn't say that the off-season by itself was more optimistic, but rather our view of it was optimistic because we had incredible momentum going into it from the Colorado and Michigan wins. Since we ended this season with losses to Auburn and Oklahoma, it puts a haze over the off-season already. :(