CB Ugo "Junior" Okpara

Player: Ugo "Junior" Okpara

Hometown: Sugar Land, TX

Position: CB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Arkansas, Virginia, Boston College

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Very good size and speed for a CB and plays the position long with excellent wingspan. With added bulk and strength could be a solid D-1 starting CB.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40%

He will be visiting Lincoln in July. I've upped his odds. Rivals shows he like Arkansas but I think he'll like what he sees when he visits. Of the teams recruiting him, I don't think any of them can beat us in terms of attracting him and what he could achieve here.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this kid...a steady CB that could blossom into a special one.

Linky:

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/654759.html

Recruiting: Okpara Has Narrowed It To Four

By Robert Allen

Posted Jun 26, 2007

Defensive back Ugo Okpara of Sugar Land (Dulles), Texas said he has a top four and he has a strategy on what he is doing. The 6-1, 180-pound corner or safety prospect is going to be moving fast and moving often in the month of July.

"My newest offer is Boston College," said Okpara. "That's the new one and I'm excited about them. I really have it down to Arkansas, Virginia, Boston College and Nebraska. I am going to take unofficial visits to all four of those places.

"I want to check out the environment and talk to the players and get their perspective on the program and where it is going and whether it will fit me. I want to talk to the younger players because they will relate to me and tell me the honest truth because those are the guys I will be there with for the next four or five years."

Ugo said after the last visit that he will sit down and make a decision -- a commitment. "I still want to keep my doors open and I want to go back and make my official visits in September and later in the season. I'm looking for the which one is the best fit for me."

Ugo said while those are his top four and all of those schools he mentioned are recruiting him to play cornerback. He is still talking to Missouri and Oklahoma State which are recruiting him as a corner or a safety.

He wants to make a commitment before the season starts, yet still keep the doors creaked open in case something changes. Ugo's outlook is not uncommon as a large number of recruits don't completely close themselves off after making a commitment. He also wants to have some security in case of injury.

It would appear that unless something does change those top four schools -- Arkansas, Virginia, Boston College and Nebraska -- have the best chance to convince Okpara that he belongs on their campus.

I like this kid...a steady CB that could blossom into a special one.

Linky:

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/654759.html

Recruiting: Okpara Has Narrowed It To Four

By Robert Allen

Posted Jun 26, 2007

Defensive back Ugo Okpara of Sugar Land (Dulles), Texas said he has a top four and he has a strategy on what he is doing. The 6-1, 180-pound corner or safety prospect is going to be moving fast and moving often in the month of July.

"My newest offer is Boston College," said Okpara. "That's the new one and I'm excited about them. I really have it down to Arkansas, Virginia, Boston College and Nebraska. I am going to take unofficial visits to all four of those places.

"I want to check out the environment and talk to the players and get their perspective on the program and where it is going and whether it will fit me. I want to talk to the younger players because they will relate to me and tell me the honest truth because those are the guys I will be there with for the next four or five years."

Ugo said after the last visit that he will sit down and make a decision -- a commitment. "I still want to keep my doors open and I want to go back and make my official visits in September and later in the season. I'm looking for the which one is the best fit for me."

Ugo said while those are his top four and all of those schools he mentioned are recruiting him to play cornerback. He is still talking to Missouri and Oklahoma State which are recruiting him as a corner or a safety.

He wants to make a commitment before the season starts, yet still keep the doors creaked open in case something changes. Ugo's outlook is not uncommon as a large number of recruits don't completely close themselves off after making a commitment. He also wants to have some security in case of injury.

It would appear that unless something does change those top four schools -- Arkansas, Virginia, Boston College and Nebraska -- have the best chance to convince Okpara that he belongs on their campus.

must have bee a :nutz for the OSU staff writer for scout to find out that they didnt make the final 4

• 3 weeks later...

Linky:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ri...tory_recruiting

Looks like it will be between us and Arkie and he may announce in coming weeks. He has maintained Arkansas as a slight leader. He visited Arkansas yesterday and will visit us this upcoming week. I like the fact that he will visit us second as I think we should impress more than Arkansas. We need quality CB's and I like his length as a defender. He would be an excellent addition to the defense.

:bonez

Maybe once he hears the Hogs cheer, perhaps that will scare him away. It's "sewee" or something like that. Dana Altman felt like the biggest idiot in the world when raised his arms while partaking in it.

It's "Whoooooooo...PIG...SOOIEEEEEEEE". While doing the "Hog Call" you're supposed to extend your arms over your hear and move your fingers, then bring your arms down quickly at the end.

And it is as stupid as it sounds...

Has committed to Arkansas. Appears it was between us and Arkie. Need to move on to get some better CB's. I would like to get Marc Anthony (CB) and his HS teammate Dion Jordan (TE). Jordan should take notice that our QB recruit just won the Elite 11...Jordan would redefine the TE position at NU.